The Pheonix

"Alright, so I was thinking." Brendon said. "We play a game."

"What is with you and playing games?" I asked.

"I don't know, actually." Brendon laughed. "Well, we're going to play.. never have I ever?"

"Okay." Patrick said. Woah, Patrick.

"Alright, I'm calling Jack, Alex, Ryan, Joe, and Andy." Brendon took out his phone.

Patrick and I searched the house for shot glasses. When we got some, we set them on a round table. Brendon walked into the kitchen.

"Patrick's keeping score." He said.

"Why me?"

"Because you're innocent."

He sighed. "Okay."

They all arrived at the same time, and walked to the kitchen.

"Alright, who's starting?" Brendon asked.

"Ryan!" Jack shouted. Ryan turned to Jack and slapped him playfully.

"Fine," He laughed and they all sat down.

Brendon poured alcohol in all of the shot glasses and waited for Ryan to come up with a question.

"Never have I ever.. had a one night stand." He blurted.

A few of us looked around the room nervously. Brendon, Jack, Alex, Joe, and I took a drink.

"Never have I ever done anything illegal." Patrick said.

All of us took a drink besides Patrick.

~~~~~~~~~

By the end of the game, Patrick and Andy were the most sober. Everyone left, leaving Patrick and I to clean up all of the glasses.

"Pete, go to sleep, you're wasted." Patrick said.

"No I'm not!" I insisted.

Patrick took my hand and led me to his room.

~PATRICK'S POV~

"Oh shit," Pete said and ran to the bathroom. I sighed and cleaned the kitchen.

When I was done, I went to my room to sleep. I felt Pete get into bed next to me.

When I woke up, Pete was still sleeping so I decided to get ready for school. I grabbed some grey skinny jeans and a black band shirt with a black jacket. I did my hair quickly and walked back to my room.

"Hey, Petey," I said softly.

He groaned a little. "Whaaaatt?"

"School." I replied as he opened his eyes.

He sat up and I left the room to get breakfast. I ate cereal, I'm not sure what kind it was.

"I don't know what happened last night." Pete said, walking into the kitchen after getting ready.

"I know." I responded while putting my empty cereal bowl in the sink.

"I'm not hungry," Pete said and we walked out of the door.

I saw Pete look at me, then I felt him pick me up. He set me on his shoulders.

He knew I loved it when he did this. He made sure I didn't fall by grabbing onto my legs.

The walk to school was really short, just like it usually is. Pete waited at my locker for me, and then walked to class with me. We sat next to each other and Ryan sat with Joe.

~~~~~~

We are in music.

"We finished a song." Pete said.

"Called?" Andy asked.

"Either Grand Theft Autumn or Where Is Your Boy, we haven't decided." I responded and handed them the paper with the song.

"We can use this as the second song we perform." Joe said.

"We can work on that song after school." Andy suggested. "At Patrick's house."

I nodded and we worked on Saturday. We had the whole song finished, we just needed practice to make it good enough to perform.

At the end of the period, we all walked to my house. Pete held onto my hand, which made me smile a little.

When we got to my house, we walked in my room.

~~~~~~lol time skip bc idk what to write here~~~~~

"See you tomorrow," I said to Joe and Andy who were leaving my house. We pretty much practiced all day. We perfected Saturday, and came up with a few parts for Where Is Your Boy. We still haven't decided on a name, so we just call it Where Is Your Boy for short.

Pete basically lived at my house now; and I wasn't complaining. We figured it was safer if he stayed at my house, and I liked being around him. I liked the company while my parents were gone.

Pete and I walked to the living room and sat on the couch. He sat next to me and turned on a movie. I didn't really know what movie, but I didn't really care as long as I was with Pete. Being with him is all that mattered.

~PETE'S POV~

Patrick fell asleep while holding my hand. It was so adorable.

I carefully let go of his hand and kissed his cheek. I had to go home. I didn't want to, but my parents would appreciate it.

I quietly wrote a note for him so he didn't think I left him because of a different reason than I actually did.

Pat,

I went home because I would probably get beaten to a pulp if I didn't. I love you, and I'll see you on the way to school or something.

Love, Pete

I set it next to him on the couch and quietly left his house. I pretty much ran to mine, because it was really dark. I absolutely hate walking alone in the dark.

I unlocked the door to my house and walked in.

"There you are," I heard a voice as I shut the door behind me. Fuck.

"Yeah, uh, I'm going to sleep." I said and started walking to my room.

I felt someone grab me from the back of my shirt, basically choking me with the collar. This led to me falling on the ground and being kicked in the stomach, which hurt insanely bad. I held my stomach in the spot where I had been kicked. I looked up to see my dad staring at me.

I quickly stood up and tried walking to my room once again. I was pushed into the wall and punched repeatedly.

Maybe it was a better idea to stay at Patrick's.

I would have gotten beaten to a pulp either way.

I should have known. The pain didn't bother me, it was the fact that this was my own father. He stopped punching for a moment, and I tried to get up.

This time, I successfully made it to my room. I shut the door and collapsed on my bed. This is when the pain gets worse.