I'm Like A Lawyer With The Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off

~PETE'S POV~

When Brendon and Andy got back, it seemed like nothing happened between them.

It was getting pretty late.

"I'm going home." Brendon said.

Brendon and Ryan left, along with Joe and Andy. I guess Joe and Andy were a thing now.

Alex and Jack looked at me.

"Pete, I'm going to tell you something." Jack whispered in my ear. "Alex and I are dating, and I swear to GOD if you tell anyone I will cut your throat."

My eyes widened. "I won't tell." I didn't really want Jack to cut my throat.

"You better not." He looked at me seriously. Jack was barely ever serious. I nodded and promised not to tell anyone.

After that, Jack and Alex left together. Patrick and I went to his room and laid on his bed. I checked my phone, which had a few messages from my Mom. Shit.

Peter where are you?

Are you at that one boys house again?

Come home please

She seemed really worried. I don't know why she worried so much. I'm perfectly capable of doing things on my own and making my own decisions, after all, I was about to graduate from school.

"Hey, Pat, I have to go home. See you soon, okay?" I said.

"Alright," He responded. "See you later."

I walked out of his house and down the sidewalk. She's either going to be so pissed, or she's going to be calm about it. My Dad is probably home. I sighed and walked a little slower, dreading the moment I walk in the door.

I unlocked the door to see my Dad in the kitchen talking to my Mom. I walked in the kitchen, which got my Mom's attention first.

"Oh, Peter! You're home! I was worried about you." She said.

"Why would you be worried about him? He's not worth anyone's time. He's-" My Dad started to say.

"How about you give it a rest? He is who he is-" My Mom looked at my Dad.

"You support this.. this.. bastard?! I am ashamed of him."

"He can't help who he loves."

"Being gay is a choice!"

"So it was your choice to be straight?"

"No."

"See? Fuck off and leave him alone." My Mom nearly shouted. I wish I could thank her right now but I can't.

My Dad walked out of the house, pushing me out of his way and onto the table as he walked out. Ow.

When the door shut, I thanked my Mom quickly, but she told me it was best to just go in my room and sleep. I agreed, and went to my room.

I was still wearing Patrick's clothes and my bass was still at his house. Oh well. I can go without it for one night. I basically collapsed on my bed.

~~~~

I woke up to the door opening, and then a loud noise. I rolled my eyes and turned over, trying to sleep once again. I heard my door slam open and quickly shut my eyes, pretending I was sleeping.

Then my door shut again. I waited a while to turn over again, and look at the door. No one was there, but I heard my Dad shouting from outside of my door.

When I woke up, I checked my phone. Patrick called me twice.

I dialed his number and waited for him to answer. If he called me more than once something must have happened, right?

"Hey," Patrick finally answered.

"You called me twice. What's up?" I asked.

"Well I couldn't sleep last night and I was talking to Joe, and he has someone that will look into our music. We need to finish writing." He responded excitedly.

"When?" I asked, referring to when they wanted to look at our music.

"After school ends." Patrick said.

"Alright, we've got a month." I looked around my room.

"Yeah, your bass is here, too. Come over?" Patrick stated.

"Okay, I'll be there in like a half an hour."

"Alright, see you later." Patrick said and hung up.

I got out of bed and realized I slept in Patrick's clothes. I quickly took a shower, it helped me wake up sometimes. I changed into a black t-shirt and black skinny jeans. Then, I did my hair and brushed my teeth. I ate cereal before leaving the house.

The walk to Patrick's house was fairly quick, as usual. I knocked on the door and waited for Patrick to open it.

"Hey," Patrick greeted me as he opened the door.

"Hi," I smiled.

"My parents are away for a week, I'm not sure where they went, but they left me a note." Patrick said as I walked into his house. We walked into his room.

After practicing for a while and writing songs, we finished writing Where Is Your Boy or Grand Theft Autumn. We didn't really what to name it. I had the bass line done for that song, too.

We were pretty proud of our work. We're going to show Andy and Joe tomorrow.

We took a break from practicing and went to his living room.

***

Pete wrapped his arms around me and we soon feel asleep.

When I woke up, it was only 4 pm. Were we really that tired?

I got up and put on some of Patrick's clothes. I guess I wear Patrick's clothes more than I wear my own. I walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror.

My hair was a mess. I fixed it and walked back into Patrick's room. He already had jeans on and was putting on a shirt.

"Hey," I said awkwardly.

"Hey, Petey." Patrick smiled, looking at me.

"I love you." I said as he walked towards me.

"I love you too." He kissed me softly.

"I'm making pancakes. Want some?" Patrick asked.

"Sure." I replied. "Can I help?"

"Okay." He grabbed the pancake mix.

Cooking the pancakes didn't take long. He gave me a plate with pancakes on it and I sat at the table.

My phone buzzed. It was Brendon.

I'm coming over to Patrick's right now. I've got drinks.

Shit. Patrick was still limping.

Patrick looked at me expectantly.

"Brendon told me he's coming over right now. He's bringing alcohol." I said, finishing my pancakes

"Oh, God." Patrick mumbled, finishing his too.

We put our dishes in the sink.

The door opened and Brendon made a grand entrance as always.

"IM BAAACCK," he sang.

He walked into the kitchen. "Hello."

"Hey," I said.

"What have you guys been up to?" He asked.

Patrick and I looked at each other. "Making pancakes." I blurted.

"You didn't save any for me?" Brendon asked in a very serious tone. "Well anyway, I was hoping we could just hang out for a while."

"Sure, my parents aren't going to be home all week." Patrick said.

"Alright, thanks man." Brendon responded.

We all walked to Patrick's room.