Bang The Doldrums

"Patrick!" I heard my mom call. "We're home!"

I sighed and looked at Jack. He looked worried.

I walked over to my parents. "Hey."

"Hello," My dad said.

"My friend is staying at our house for a month." I blurted.

"Why?" They asked.

"His parents are on vacation." I lied.

"Oh, okay." They said. They didn't really care.

I shrugged and walked back to my room.

"Oh, he's back now." I heard Jack say. He answered my phone. He handed the phone to me.

"Hey?" I nearly asked.

"Hey, Pat." Pete said. His voice was very soft. He must be tired.

"How was your day?" I asked him.

"Pretty good... Besides the stuff with Jack." He responded.

"Yeah, he's staying at my house for a month." I said.

"He told me. I can't wait to get back." He sighed.

"I can't wait either." I looked around my room. "You seem tired."

"Yeah. Kind of." He yawned.

"Get some sleep." I said.

"Nooo, I want to talk to you." He insisted.

"Too bad, I'm hanging up and you're going to sleep." I devilishly smirked.

"You're such a bitch, Pat." Pete laughed.

"I love you." I said. "Sleep well."

"I love you, too. Stay safe." He replied and I hung up. I set my phone down on my bed.

"You guys are adorable together." Jack said, switching through TV channels.

I smiled. "Thanks."

-PETE'S POV-

When I woke up, my Mom was reading a book.

"Oh, you're awake!" She smiled at me. "We're going to Donna's again today. Tomorrow is the party."

I nodded. "Alright." I put on some clothes and did my hair. I didn't bother to try to look good. If Patrick was here, I'd try harder to look nice.

I was still really tired.

"I'm not hungry." I said to my mom.

"Alright, we'll go to Donna's now." She smiled. She seemed really happy.

We walked to the car. I sat in the passenger seat and looked around the parking lot.

The car started moving. Things were going by extremely fast. Maybe I was just tired.

When we got to Mikey's house, I got out of the car and knocked on the door.

"Hey!" Mikey said ecstatically.

"Hey." I replied, walking into their house.

We walked to Mikey's room. They were watching some horror movie.

I laid on Mikey's bed, next to him. It didn't really mean anything because we were good friends.

I accidentally fell asleep..

I woke up to Patrick kissing my lips softly. I kissed back. It felt.. different.

Then I realized I wasn't with Patrick. I pushed them away and got off of the bed. That wasn't Patrick. I didn't kiss Patrick.