Chapter 5- Hidden Within

Start from the beginning

At his threat, most wolves gladly ran off as the others stayed put, standing quietly.

"Then there's the stragglers lagging behind with no sense of mind," Sir Bradley sighs with fury, striding closer to them all just to kick them all off their feet.

"I should just execute you all for such disrespect!" he hollers an ear piercing holler.

His yells were enough for me to lean closer to Leon, grabbing his hand for comfort without even noticing until he strokes his thumb over my skin.

"We'll get through this together, Estelle," he quietly speaks so close to my ear that his lips brushed against my skin. Leon knew I was terrified, having to witness such terrible treatment.

But I silently said it anyways,"Leon, I'm scared."

He squeezed my hand in his, pulling me closer to him.

I could feel his heat through my clothes.

"I'll get you out of this," he whispers.

My heart throbbed in my chest for this guy sitting right next to me. His words were the nicest things that I've had in a long time, regarding short little Stacey and stubborn Thea.

"Now, beg for your mercy gentlemen!" Sir Bradley continued to brutally tortured these guys.

"I mercy you!" One screamed as the leader's foot pushed down on his throat, causing the guy to sputter as he choked violently.

"Or are you just a wuss to do whatever comes your way?" Sir Bradley spat at him.

The disobedient guy swiped the spittle off his face with his palm, appearing very angry wit his eyes wide with frustration.

The arguments went on and on until they all went unconscious, the leader ordering them to be back to camp by sunrise as he kicked and punched, only promising to set out search parties for execution if not showing up tomorrow.

"When will they ever listen?" He questions himself, cracking his knuckles as he shook out the pain.

That's when he stretched out his arms upward, glancing at the oak.

My breath latched in my throat, eyes sealed shut tightly as terror courses through me.

Shivers ran my blood cold as Leon's hand tore into mine with nervousness.

"You two love birds trying to hide on the search?" Sir Bradley shouts to us in question, squinting to see us better as I peeled my eyes open.

Leon looks at me, slipping off his hoodie to just leave him in a tight
black tee. I give him a quizzical look as he hands me it.

"Hide your eyes," he demands, messing his hair so it hung into his green eye, only leaving his yellow eye visible.

"Leon, I'm not liking the idea of this...." I trial off, putting on his gigantic hoodie.

"Run like hell when we reach the ground, don't even look back for me," he tells me, glancing at his jacket on my body with a soft expression in his eyes.

"You two dare to test my patience?" Sir Bradley asks with a loud bellow.

"Apologies, we were just scouting above," Leon explains loudly,"better chance of finding them at a higher place."

"Both of you down here or you're staying and doing labor the next searching," he threatens us while looking at me with concern etching across his face.

He and I easily got down from the oak, me ignoring what Leon told me to do. Right now I'm disguised, and when I run, it'll dangerously expose the both of us against twenty others out there.