Chapter 5- Hidden Within

Start from the beginning

His odd eyes filled with concern as his thick black hair swept over his sweaty pale forehead.

"Looks as if you just witnessed murder," he explains breathlessly, slowing to a simple jog," a murder of a loved one to be exact."

I casually laugh, feeling the cool metal of Lily's necklace against my warm chest underneath Thea's romper.

An unknown tear slips down my cheeks, my hand reacts quickly and swipes it away. Leon catches the motion, cocking his head in farther concern.

"It's quite a long story," I inform, my head pounding from the heat.

"I'm one for long stories," Leon says, quickening his pace from a jog which forces me to keep up,"I'm a great listener."

"Maybe later," I suggest, feeling uneasy to tell someone my life story when I was unfamiliar with them.

Leon parted his lips to say something in return but instead shoved me behind a massive oak harshly.

"What the hell?" I angrily growl, tripping over my own feet as he quickly catches me.

Gently, he presses his hand over my mouth, body completely still as he leaned against the oak.

"Stay quiet," he leans down to whisper in my ear,"I mean it." 

I nod, feeling his hand get removed from my mouth, however not his other huge hand on my upper arm.

"Climb up the tree, they're coming," he orders with a stern tone, pulling my arms up to place them on the bark.

I was about to ask who it was, but he cupped my mouth again and pointed at the tree for me to climb almost acting frantically.

Extending my nails to claws, I cling on and nimbly climbed up. When I reach a sturdy branch, my legs stretch up on it, pulling my weight up just as Leon gently gives me a boost up.   

I grin due to his constant generosity, finally resting against the trunk of the tree.

Leon was now siting beside me, swinging his legs underneath the branch, silently eyeing me with intensity.

He knew there was something itching my mind and was bugging me, but he didn't try to get me to speak of what it was even though he had a worried look.

"I thought you said that you heard something!" One masculine voice bellowed to another, coming closer.

The majority of them all appeared very tall, muscular, and tan from probably constantly being outside.

"Get some patience, Sir Bradley," the guy getting yelled at spoke,"I bet they're around here somewhere."

"You better the hell be right, Scotty," Sir Bradley snarled, approaching the one and only lanky guy there.

"It's Scott!" The wimpy guy yelled, not stepping back nor flinching when Sir Bradley punched him in his cheekbone.

They were for sure werewolves...

A stronger pack from a random camp deep in the forest.

"Stop acting like a complete senseless ass and find them then," Sir Bradley demanded, a strain in his neck,"I grow tired of all this nonsense and bullshit."

Scott bows before his leader.

"As you wish, Sir," he says, jogging off.

Bradley turns to his other members of his pack.

"Get moving or it'll be more then a bruised cheek!" He bellows.

His muscles were all tense with rage, ready to strike at any given moment.