Chapter 30.......and 31

SUE MICROSOFT

Smurf entered the house and took in a long deep breath, allowing a flood of memories to rush back into his mind. A far off smile played on his lips as he zoned out a little, relieving the time he had spent her with Andrea.

He felt a little nudge in his side and turned sharply toward his twenty year old daughter, Vera. He glared at her absentmindedly for pulling him out of the flashback before warming up and replacing it with a smile.

There was so much she didn’t know and so much he wasn’t sure if he should tell her but he had made that decision long ago.

If she knew the things he had done, not only to others but to her very own mother, she may never forgive him and he couldn’t handle that. She was the only one he had left that was family to him after he had got rid of Will last year.

He snickered, shaking his head at the stories he had told that stupid daughter of Andrea’s. He had never loved Andrea and was the one who convinced her to give the girl up to her brother’s family. If only he knew the girl would have wiggled his way back into his life and mess things up for him, he would have handled the situation himself and got rid of her the same way he did her mother.

He is definitely not proud of the things he had done in the past but to him, it did not change the fact that they had to be done; if Vera ever found out, she would never look at him again.

Unlike everyone else who was disposable, he actually wanted his daughter in his life.

No. He needed her in his life and if not for his daughter’s cunning sense of thinking, they never might have got the code. He smirked as he nodded to the security that surrounded him and his daughter, to do their job.

He had won again.

He had actually got the one thing that Andrea had tried to stop him from getting and that was the bank account in Zen Bank. It was in this account that Andrea had secured all she owned and he had finally managed to weasel it out of the true heir that was Ivy Reign, Andrea’s one and only daughter.

He laughed inwardly as he imagined what their faces must have looked like when they found Vera gone from their room. He couldn’t believe they had actually eaten up the story, right out of hands.

When the security was done, Smurf shuffled toward the end of the hall, where he knew that the safe lay. He stopped and took in a satisfied breath before opening the cupboard and gestured to his daughter to hand him the code.

She smirked at him before reaching into her back pocket and pulled out the crumpled piece of paper.

Smurf unfolded the paper slowly, savoring his victory before punching in the numbers slowly. He grinned when the safe beeped and the green light flashed to show that the safe was open.

Handing the letter back to his daughter, he twisted the hand of the safe and pulled it open.

Then he let out a shriek and stared in horror before blinking a couple of times in shock

‘What is it?’ Vera spoke up, her tone filled with curiosity and the slightest hint of fear. She stretched on her tiptoes and looked over his shoulder to see what her father was fretting about

She gasped and took a couple of cautious steps away from her father as a menacing look formed in his eyes

The safe was empty.

Chapter 31

‘Find them,’ Smurf yelled, the veins in his face bursting through his skin. All the security men shuffled up the stairs of the house, led by Vera, while Smurf stalked off with a deathly look in his eye