FROZEN 23

We landed in Portland a few hours later. Billy met us at the airport and we took two different service cars to get to the house. In one car, it was Aunt Pebble, Kenny and Smurf then Me, Teni, Carter and Vera in the other.

Luckily, our house over here was a mansion used for when we had family retreats so it was big enough to give all of us single rooms. We pulled up to the house and the gates opened automatically.

It's only Carter that looked in awe at the house because Teni had been here on a couple of retreats and Vera was probably used to this kind of environments. The thing is, Mom and Dad had decided to do the Portland home much cozier and totally different from our house back in Toronto, Canada.

The house was painted a brownish/creamish color and the windows were covered with long draped curtains. The inside décor was even more beautiful because it had pebbled walls. There was a marble elevator lined with warm colors to match the different floors it stops at but I still liked using the stairs because my room is on the second floor and it is probably the only exercise ever do.

The family room is filled with a peach colored soft carpet that your legs just melt into and a huge pebbled fireplace with an actual fire snapping at logs of wood quietly. Down the hall through huge open doors, the kitchen was all granite and part of it wall-papered. Another fire sat next to the dining table with a chandelier above it and flowers filling it with wonderful natural scents.

There were windows on the sides of the room that overlooked the area and gave the room and open feeling as the warm sunlight poured through it. A massive plasma screen TV above the pebbled fireplace shows the video of a desert with camels walking back and forth along the screen. There were long peach colored couches coordinated around the place that looked incredibly soft and comfortable although one might run into them if not careful in the dark.

Teni, Kenny and I plus Michael and Tiana carried the suitcases into the house and Teni and I gave Vera and Carter a tour of the place.

Aunt Pebble and Smurf sat in the family room with glasses of wine whilst Kenny walked to his room and shut the door behind him. I felt so bad for him and myself and also felt miserable for not knowing what to do that will make him feel better.

Teni, Vera and I decided that we would stay in my room and Carter offered to stay in Taiwo's room. Kenny and Taiwo's rooms were such that they had individual rooms but a door that connected the rooms through the bathroom both rooms shared so Carter would be able to watch over Kenny and still have his own space.

Aunt Pebble and Smurf got different rooms on the floor above us where the master bedroom was. Over here, Teni also owned a Queen-sized bed in my room in the corner while mine was King-sized at the centre of the room.

I was disgusted to find the entire room draped in pink as my room had been back in Canada when I'd first woken up in this nightmare

'Wow, it's really...pink,' Vera said but I could see the disgust on her face

'Sierra's always been obsessed with the color,' Teni said glancing at me 'isn't that right?'

'Not anymore,' I said, gesturing for Teni and Vera to drop their suitcases in the walk-in closet

'I'm thinking of changing my favorite color. Change is always good, isn't it?' then Teni gave me this look like "Are you feeling okay?" but I ignored her and the look and I got to work with Teni and Vera, exchanging as much furniture in this pink haven as we could with the furniture in some of the other rooms so my room ended up looking like a techno hall with all the different colors but anything was better than pink

'Not bad' Vera said, surveying our work. Truthfully, the room actually looked good, maybe even good enough to be called awesome.

When we had settled in, Teni and Vera changed into their bikinis and headed down to the pool area. I wore a pair of shorts and a big t-shirt then told them I'll meet them there.