Chapter 28: Baby problems

I whole up the next day, feeling my eyes are so heavy I might fall asleep. Well, I didn't know that taking care of a baby is really that hard.

I stand up and walked my way to the crib, where I saw my baby robot biting her left foot. She then giggled, when she saw me.

I pick her up, and went downstairs,seeing my brothers, Aunt cause and..."Dad! When did you arrived? I thought your out of town the while week?" I asked as I nervously went inside. Knowing that he'll freak out when he sees this baby.

"Well the trip was cancelled, cause the place we will visit was suffering in a storm." Days replied not even looking.

"Ah! Yiie!" Jared suddenly cooed. Dad's eyes widened, and turn to me, who was carrying Jared, who was now cooing even more.

"Son, I understand that you already had a girlfriend, and I'm proud that you are experiencing it in your early age, but having a baby?? Hiccup, that's too much!" Dad said.

I gulped, I know this would happen, especially if the baby looked really like a real human being.

"Dad, I can explain." I said stepping forward. Dad then started yelling like a mad man. "How can you manage your future if that child will stop you, do you know ow hard it is to take care of a child Hiccup? You cannot balance your schedule. You have to put your whole priority on your child!"

While dad was scolding me, Tadashi, Hiro and Aunt Cases were shaking their heads while rolling eyes while trying not to laugh.

Dad is really paranoid. I know.

"Dad wait! Can I talk?" I asked, raising my hands up to stop him. Dad sighed, and cleared his throat and nodded. "Alright, explain this to me." He said while crossing his arms.

"Alright dad, what your thinking of is not even reality. Well, maybe...but to tell you dad, Jared is just a robot baby, a project for Livelihood project the whole year, since I haven't passed the exams, we have to build a robot baby and take care of it the whole schools year." I explained. But when I realised I have told dad about men failing the exams, I know that this will be another reason of him scolding me.

"You failed the exams??!!" I knew it..

"Uh...yes..and this baby, is the punishment." I said nervously.

"Your right Horrendous, this baby will be the punishment, failing a subject is really not in my dictionary, so you have to do this properly, if you don't want to fail!" Dad said furiously.

"Sorry dad, I won't let that happen again." I said. Jared look at me with curious looking eyes, like she just understand what happened. She then reached my face and cooed.

"But that baby is also cute, how'd you do that kind of a robot?" Dad asked. I look at him and he was looking impressed. "Well, Astr-I mean Red designed it." I replied, walking my way to my chair.

"I like that girl even more, sues smart like you boys." Said ruffling my hair. "But I don't like it that you failed Hiccup." Dad said. I just nodded my head.

"Hurry up now, and give me that baby so you can concentrate of eating." Dad said, gently grabbing Jared from me. I gave him the baby bottle of milk and he fed my baby while talking to her in a cooing way.

***

"Your dad really liked Jared already." Astrid said as she carry Jared with the baby carrier that dad gave us to help carry Jared while we are having a busy day in school.

"Yeah, he kinda liked having a baby at home." I nodded.

"Hey Hiccup!" Called someone. I look at the front to see my friends heading this way. "Hey!" I called.

The four went towards me, giving me our signature fist pumps, but suddenly shrieked, seeing Astrid.

I look at the blonde 14 year old, seeing her rolling her eyes, and just turn her attention to our baby.

Hmm...I kinda like it, saying our baby is kinda feeling good. Wait, thats really immature...right?

"Hiccup, why didn't you tell us that you made Red pregnant in the first place?" Whispered Snotlout. In the corner of my eye, Astrid turn to us while glaring.

"I didn't made her pregnant, its our project, creating a baby robot and take care of it for the whole year, cause we failed livelihood exams." I replied.

"Oh, okay." He said. "So, what brings you guys here?" I asked.

"We wanted to walk with you as we enter campus, but I think you and your...wife and daughter kinda have a bit of family time." Said Ruffnut.

"B-

"Let's go guys, let's leave the family for today." Said Ruffnut while pushing the three boys away ad inside the campus gates.

I look at Astrid, who was just watching the four enter the school.

"Sorry about that." I said scratching my head. She look at me and shrugged her shoulders. "I don't like them." She said and walked her way inside the gates.

I followed and we headed to the garden, since classes isn't going to start yet.

"Are you taking Jared this time after school?" I asked. Astrid shake her head. "Nope, but I'll be sleeping with you so that I can watch you both, maybe you'll call me in the middle of the night again just to ask if what Jared needs when she cries."

"Wait, your sleeping with me tonight? In my house??" I asked her in disbelief.

"Why, is there any problem?" She asked.

"N-nothing, its just...no one had ever slept with me before, especially a girl like you." I replied stuttering.

Astrid chuckled like I just said something funny. "Don't worry, I'm staying up all night, besides I don't sleep." She said.

"Well, o-okay." I said.

The bell suddenly rang. Making Jared surprised and suddenly cried. "Let's go, or else Jared will cry even more." Astrid said standing up ad hurriedly walked away from the loud ringing bell.

___________________________

Hi! So how's baby Jared? Do you think she's cute? Well I don't know about you, if your not sure, go back to chapter 27 and look at the picture of the drawing I made of her.

Anyways, thanks for reading :)

Bye!