Chapter 20: Pounding Hearts

After we have a little talk and, squeezing of hand, Astrid became distant to me again.

Ugh! I hated it when she doesn't tell me what's her problem, its like I'm not even worth listening to her doom problems!

Wait, why am I acting like this? Its not like its important to me, I'm just her slave right?

Ugh! But it kills me!"

"Hey Red, you okay?" I asked Astrid, while putting a hand on her shoulder, glad she didn't shove it away, so I continued.

"Hey, whatever I did, sorry about that, I didn't mean to do it." I said softly.

Astrid didn't reply, which was a bit odd, cause whenever I apologise, she literally just look at me with a death glare. Were in the lab by the way.

I then removed the fringes that cover her eyes, and saw those perfect blue eyes closed. She was sleep.

I look at the sleeping princess in aw, seeing how cute she was when asleep.

I smiled, as a small smile stretched across her red lips. I just let the sleeping girl be, and just went back to my work table. The wings that I've been working on was already finished, and all I have to do is test it. I can't wait to show Astrid and my brothers this sick invention I have in mind.

After a few moments later, the bell rang. And Astrid isn't awake yet. So I went towards the sleeping lass, and shake her gently. "Red, wake up now, we have to get to next class." I whispered to her ear.

Astrid gave a moaning sound while muttering something. "Wake up now, let's go." I said.

Astrid tiredly flutter her eyes open, and turn her head slightly.

That's when I realised, I was so close to her that when she turn her head to face me, our lips suddenly brushed with each other.

I quickly pull back, realising that I accidentally kissed Astrid. My heart was pounding really hard that I can hear it beating and wanting to get out of my chest.

"Hiccup? You okay?" Astrid asked. As if she didn't notice the brushing of lips.

"Uh...um...eh..." I stuttered, cannot even speak properly. Like I was a 1 year old kid who cannot say the words Mama and Papa.

She stretched her arms up high, grabbing her bag and brushed her long wavy hair with her fingers.

"Let's go, don't wanna be late do you?" She said sarcastically, as she grab my hand and drag me all the way to next class.

I look down our laced fingers. Feeling a shock ran through me, that blood rushes to my cheeks, feeling myself blushing furiously.

God dammit! Why am I like this? That was just an accident right? Its not even a real kiss!

"Who did you kissed?" Asked Astrid as she stopped walking, making me surprised.

"Huh?" I asked her. "Who. Did. You. Kissed?" Astrid asked in gritted teeth, like she was mad, very.

"Uh..." I stuttered.

She didn't knew our lips met? That's really unbelievable.

Astrid let go of my hand and turn to face me, a smile plastered on her innocent looking face.

"Hiccy, who did you kissed?" She asked, this time softly, as if asking for a candy or something.

"N-no one, why would you asked such a ridiculous question?" I replied nervously.

Astrid shot me a very horrifying look. "You know I hate liars right my dear?" She said.

Wow, a 14 year old talking like an old lady. Kinda creeped me out there.

"Honest, I didn't do anything!" I said raising my right hand. Astrid smiled like a kid. "Okay." She said contented of what I said.

She then walked away, leaving me alone.