Chapter 32: Father

Astrid's P.O.V.

After Hiccup, Hiro and Jared left, Gogo and I were in her bedroom, playing on an pot full of soil, were just growing roses with it, with different colours, Red, Pink, Blue, Yellow, White etc.

"Do you think Levi haven't thought that Hiccup is a human?" I asked.

Gogo look at me, her eyes in confusion. "What do you mean? Levi didn't fell for our act?" She asked.

"Maybe, I'm not sure though, but just being sure, I don't want Levi to know that Hiccup is a slave, and tell father about this, I don't want him to be in danger and also his family." I replied as I erupted the pot with dozens of thorned beauties.

"Question my dear sister, if you don't mind." Said Gogo as she sat beside me. I look at her and waited for her question.

"Do you love him?"

"Who?" I asked, like I didn't know who she was referring to.

She then hit me in the shoulder. "Hiccup!" She snapped.

"What? Me? Loved that fishbone? Who says?" I asked.

"Just asking, cause you two have been so close together, and every time we talk, Hiccup is involved with it." Replied my twin.

"I'm just sharing my thoughts about him, I was trying to find a way to protect him from father, you know how he is with humans, especially if he finds out that Hiccup is the slayer, my slayer." I pointed out.

"Wait, did I just heard you right? Your protecting Hiccup from father? I thought your here to kill the slayer? Not protecting him." Said Gogo.

I sighed. This is really a tough one, especially to my sister.

"Okay, I have changed my mind of killing him, I admit, I like him, but not what you think, its just...his life is really important, thinking that his family needs him, and he's smart for his life to be wasted right?"

Gogo sighed, "well, guess your right, but that doesn't mean it changes the subject, Astrid, he will kill you, and he will be the reason on why father is acting like this, and having war with Uncle Zeus, if he hadn't sent him to slay you."

"I know, but its hard to change feelings already, its like...when I see Hiccup's face, I can remember when we were just little girls, playing with father, and other underworld children, who we haven't seen ever since that day I was cursed." I sighed, remembering the past of me, being little, carefree of what was happening around me and just running around like there's no tomorrow.

Ding...dong...ding...dong...

The grandfather clock suddenly sounded. I look at it, and it was already 3 o'clock dawn.

Wow...time runs fast...

"We should go, father is waiting." Gogo said as she wore her black silk robe, and cover her face with the hood. Even though I'm confused, that Gogo had mentioned father and the word waiting, I grab the other black silky robe by the closet, the one with a rose by the chest, and wore it one me.

Gogo and I held hands, while facing each other, and started casting a spell.

After chanting the words, a blue coloured circle appeared with flames of blue glowing under our feet.

The bright glow ate us, and we appeared in the throne room of underworld, the torches were lit up with blue flames. The large fire pit at the center of the throne room was surrounded by red and purple roses. The marble floor was still shining like the flames. I reebered this place used to be mine and Gogo's play ground.

And by the throne chairs, I saw my father, sitting there on his golden coloured chair, his face glad on seeing us both.

Gogo and I knelted down for a bow, showing respect to our father.

"Rise my children, you don't have to bow down for me." Said father. Gogo and I look at each other before we rise, facing our father, who is already in front of us.

You might me thinking, why my father is acting kind. The truth is...my father is a good god, not until Zeus assigned him to be the god of underworld. But he's really a good person-er god.

Father greeted us with a hug, which I didn't hesitated to hug back.

"Its been a year." Father said. I let go, seeing that the anger in father's eyes were gone. They were all happy and full of hope.

"Yeah, a year that I betrayed you, and you banned me." I said.

"Shh..." Father shushed me. He held my shoulders and hugged me again. "I'm sorry for doing that." He apologised.

He let go and I just forced a smile, even though it still hurts that he told me I was a disgrace of the family.

And the mark he left me still hurts, every time I remember that scene we have before.

"Welcome back my dear." He said. I removed my hood and nodded my head.

Father led us to the garden, where we have seen the spirits, working like they have time to chase.

The reapers, who happens to be father's body guards, were following us, like we were threat to our father.

Are we really that a disgrace? Or was it just me?

"Don't think of something like that my dear." Father told me, as he placed his rough hand in my head.

"I have never disgraced you, apparently, I'm really proud of you, both of you," father said, doing the same to Gogo, who was just looking at me.

"And I regretted the day I told you that." He added.

I sighed, avoiding to look at my father.

"Let's fly up." Father said, spreading his wings and flew up the dark skies of underworld. Gogo and I followed him, the reapers still following us.

"Please, leave us." Father told the skull headed ghosts. And they left.

Father then gestured to the view up ahead, a different kind of glow by the death mountain. It was not a glow of darkness, its pure light coming from the good.

"What is that father?" I asked.

"Remember when you were stil young? I took you both here, in a very special day and occasion?" Father asked

I was puzzled, I tried to think of what he was talking about, and realised it...

"Our birthday." Gogo and I said together with a smile, but my smile faded away, realising that its not the right thing to do.

"I remember that! The glow only appears during the day of the great fire celebration." Gogo explained.

"That's right, and your almost 15, and I hope, that the curse will end, by you, my dear," Father told me while putting a hand in my shoulder. "To kill the slayer." I gulped, hearing that. I sensed Gogo looking at me worriedly.

"Aren't you excited, I'll be watching you kill that mortal your uncle sent, and if you do, we'll have a celebration."

I bit my lower lip. This is not going to end well...