Chapter 20:- Fighting Frency

I woke up in bed next to Curtis. Oh no, no no no. Did we? Omg I hoped we didn't. I got up and had a shower, I went and got changed and then jumped on Curtis.
" wake up sleepy head" I shouted. I rolled him around. He just groaned and pushed me of the bed. I landed in my arm and let out a little scream, but I got up and huffed. With my hands on my hips I started to think how I was gonna get him out of bed. Then it hit me, literally. Ruby jumped on my back and whispered.
" grab his feet and pull him out" I laughed and then grabbed his feet. I pulled and dragged him off. But he was still asleep.
" argh. Oh I know." I grabbed his hands and flew up.
" WAKE UP CURTIS" I shouted.
" huh" he groaned and opened his eyes" AHH ." He screamed and swung me around and onto the ground.
" AHH" that hurt bad. Ow, Curtis flew down and helped me up.
" sorry" he said. I got changed and dragged Curtis to breakfast.
" morning" I said. Jackson and Ryan were the only ones at our table. They looked upset.
" morning , how are you?" Asked Jackson. He wiped away a tear.
" I'm good. Where is Stuart and Kevin?" I asked. Ruby jumped into the seat next to me and laid on my lap.
" I know" yawned Curtis.
" I didn't ask you. Why are you so tired?" He rested his head on the table.
" we were out last night. The beast managed to get back here. After you fell asleep Curtis carried you to your room. We were then attacked. The beast was bigger this time and breathed fire?" He said.
" maybe it's a Dragon?" I said. Ruby poked her head up.
" no we don't have dragons in the second triad and this time of year. And then don't attack us." Said Ryan.
" many were killed. Kevin and Stuart are in a coma. Kevin lost an leg and a bit out of his shoulder and Stuart Lost both his legs and one arm." Someone brought me breakfast. We sat in silence as we ate. I kept on looking and them and everyone was just sad. Jessica what would Stuart and Kevin want you to do?. Ruby was right, what would they want me to do. I stood up and slammed my hands on the table.
" what would Stuart and Kevin want us to do?" I shouted. Curtis looked at me with a mouth full of food.
" huh" they all said.
" what would they want us to do? They wouldn't want us to be sad, they would want us to train hard and get rid of that beast. I only have 1 and a half months left before I battle my dad. So let's go train." I flew off and they followed. I carried Ruby to the fields,
" ok, Jessica since you can't use a bow, you will be working on your cardio and endurance. You will also be working on surprise attacks and hand on battles" Ruby started to walk away " Oh no Ruby you are too" shouted Curtis. Noooo.
" oh yes Ruby Curtis is right" I laughed. We ran 4 laps of the fields.( it's about 2 soccer fields, stuck together) I was puffed and sweaty.
" few you stink." Blew Curtis and he fanned me.
" thanks so what next?" Curtis walked away and grabbed a spear.
" SURPRISE ATTACK" he threw it at me. I couldn't react fast enough and cover my face. Ruby jumped up and hit the spear.
" good job Ruby" said Curtis. " Jessica we need to work on your reflexes" I laughed and got ready. " ok do another lap ok" I ran off with Ruby.
" this is harder than I thought it would... Ahh" I tripped over a rock.
" hahahaha OMG you should have seen your face" laughed Ruby as she rolled on the ground.
" haha" I wiped my sore and continued running.
" hey wait for me!" Shouted Ruby. When we got back we continued training, I progressed a little. So we left surprise attacks and did hand on battles. I won the first time, but then Curtis won and I couldn't beat him.
" ok thanks enough for today" he said helping me up. " let's go get lunch" we raced there and ate.

It's been 3 weeks and I have made progress. My arm is healing and Ruby can fly now.
" ok now lift it up and hold" said the soothing voice of my fizio therapist. " ok good now around and relax. Ok tell me when it starts to hurt" she squeezed all around my shoulder, and got harder but nothing hurt.
" ok. I think your ready to use your bow again. But first show me you can hold it with out hurting your self" one of her flowers fell out of her hair. Her name was Lucy, she had very orange hair and lots of freckles. I grabbed my bow and stretched it out. It hurt a very little bit but not much.
" it hurts a little. I'll be fine" I said putting it down. She crossed her arms and walked around.
" hmm ok take these. It will help with the pain. But only one a day no more" she said. I grabbed the container from her and left.
" so training?" I asked Curtis.
" not today I have something I wanna show you." He flew off. I stopped and looked at Ruby.
" Well follow him" screeched Ruby " I'll follow you don't worry" I shot up and flew after him. I couldn't find him. I flew to our training area and saw his wings going into the forest.
" why is he going there?" Asked Ruby.
" I don't know. Come on" I said. Flying down I dodged training arrows and fights. I flew into the woods and saw Curtis laying on the ground.
" CURTIS" I ran up to him and cradled him in my arms. " Curtis wake up please" tears rolled down my face. I headed someone behind me.
" who are you?" I turned around. But stopped.
" Jessica what are you doing" he said. I looked back to Curtis and then to him.
" Curtis?" I whispered. He looked behind me.
" you thought that was me?" He laughed " how pathetic!"
" excuse me?" I growled. Ruby was ready to pounce on him. Jessica that's not Curtis. I know Ruby get ready.
" oh I'm sorry, your majesty. Oh I mean... Princess Jessica" he bowed and looked up at me. With a big smile he showed me his teeth.
" how did you get out Draco?" I said. Aiming my bow.
" hahah well since you brought it up.. I never went in" he cackled. He walked closer.
" what?" I said. I was now standing over Curtis and so way Ruby.
" I never went in! It was one of your friends put under a spell" he laughed. I shot any arrow at him and Ruby laughed towards him.

AUTHORS NOTE
thanks for reading
Comment
Follow

BAM WHAT!!