CHAPTER 9:- The Second Triad

(Picture above is what Jessica is wearing)
The journey down to the second triad was so cool. No wait it was amazing, there was so many beautiful trees and flowers and thousands of  animals. There were unicorns, nymphs  and I even saw a rare baby owl Griffen.
" wait stop for a minute please" I said. My dad grumble, I kept on making them stop because I wanted to touch the animals. The baby owl Griffen was coming close towards me, so I put my hand towards it and and it started sniffing me, then the mother came towards me to. The baby started to lick my hand and jumped on top of me.
" ah hahah. You are cute" she sat on top of my head. Then the mother and baby started talking to each other.
" Jessica we need to go" shouted my dad. I put the Griffen down and walked towards my dad, but the baby followed me.
" aww it wants to come" I picked her up. Or is it a boy. Or maybe a shim.
" but she can't the Angels at triad two will kill it." I looked at dad and back to the owl Griffen.
" do you want to come with me and become the greatest female/male/shim warriors?" I said .The baby owl Griffen nodded and screeched. I looked at the mother and she nodded, running back to my dad with my new friend on my shoulder I said, " ok let's go!". For the rest of the way I was carried by commander Curtis.
" Jessica, do you know what the Angels of the second triad do to Griffens don't you?" He said, I didn't answer because I was busy trying to figure out a name for her, bluff? . Nah, what about soy, nah.
" what do you think I should name her?" I looked at him. He hummed and huffed.
" what about honey? Or maybe ruby" she jumped up  and started to get excited.
" I think she likes that name. Ruby, I think it's great. Thank you Curtis. So what were you saying before" Curtis couldn't reply because we heard a trumpet go off.
" we're here" I whispered. There were thousands of Angels practicing and flying around. I almost jumped out of Curtis's arms but he held me tight.I saw 4 commanders waiting on the ground, when we landed ruby was back on my shoulder. I walked around and saw there wasn't any archery around.
" Princess Jessica, it is very kind of you to bring us a present" said on of them. what? I looked at my dad and then at Curtis.
" commander Gary, this baby owl Griffen is not a gift, it is Princess Jessica's pet. They will be training together" Curtis patted Ruby and nodded to me.
" Her name is Ruby" I added. The commanders looked and each other and began to introduce themselves. It was very boring because they just talked about them selves for a very long time. Ruby fell asleep on my shoulder and was starting to make me tired.
" ok Princess Jessica what is your weapon" asked Gary.
" huh oh sorry, umm a bow and arrow." I walked up to one of the younger guards and grabbed my bow.
" oh umm, well how about we start training tomorrow, it was a long trip here. You must all be tired, please follow me." He started to walked away, so I started to follow.
" commander Gary" my dad deep voice echoed " I am not stay for the night I have important business back home. Commander Curtis will be Jessica's personal guard. I must leave but I will be back ever 2 weeks to see my daughters progress." I walked up to my dad and hugged him.
" I will see you in two weeks ok. Train you hardest and you." He poked Ruby's beak. " look after my daughter." He turned around and flew off. I waved goodbye and was then escorted to my room.
" princess Jessica"
" please call me Jessica" i interrupted
" Jessica do you know what Angels here do to owl Griffins don't you?" Commander Gary placed my bags down and was looking at my bow.
" no what do they do?" Ruby was playing around near my feet.
" they kill them for training" I was shocked and pick up Ruby, she had been chasing a bug.
" well I am going to change that. So can I meet the other archeries please" Gary scratched his forehead and did a big long sigh.
" You came at a really bad time. The best elder archer died 2 days ago his funeral was today everyone is still morning" just as he finished someone ran through the door. He was an archer. I knew cause her had his arrow bag on and a bow over his shoulder.
" commander Gary we heard that the." He looked at me. "Princess Jessica I am, archer Sky, I was wondering if you wanted to come and see where you will be training?" Sky has light brown hair with dark streaks and his eyes are green.
" yes ok and please call me Jessica" I picked up ruby and put her on my shoulder.
" Lead the way!" I said.

Authors note
Shout out to my friend @TamikaMacgrath
Thanks for reading and I will put a picture of what an owl griffin looks like on the next chapter.
This chapter has been edited and finalized
Comment

Follow

Vote

BAM WHAT !!!