21. Twisting Fate

Start from the beginning

I heard the door clicked and Mom started greeting.

" Oh, hello Mr Mc-, " she was interuptted by a man's voice for a second, " Mr Drew and Mrs- ," she paused for a few seconds and I heard a woman's voice, " Melinda. It's a pleasure to have you come here."

She invited them in with a great sincere smile and even my heart was warmed by that. I can't help but smile, either from the welcoming mother vibes or the fact that people were finally coming over to cheer up this dull but cozy place I call "home".

Dad, Lyra and I shook hands with them, giving out warm smiles too. We learnt that the couple didn't want us to call them by their surnames so it didn't have to be so formal and uptight for the night.

But, it was as if fate was trying to spin my world upside down because I felt like my heart forgot to beat when I heard my mom's voice again. This time, it wasn't directed to the middle-aged couple but to someone still outside the door, unseen.

" Oh, what a handsome young man, and you are?" Mom asked.

God, she had to stop complimenting random outsiders while she doesn't even compliments her own child. It means me, if you don't know.

If there was a pool of hungry sharks next to me right now, all I wanted was to jump into it rather than live because fate thinks I'm stupid enough to fall for its trap. Well, I am. Because I'm falling into the trap right now, namedly unexpected destiny.

One voice tells it all.

" Good evening, ma'am. I'm Jackson."

And there he stood in my house's main door frame with a smug look on his face.

Jackson freaking McLean.

We held a stare, both amused and shocked, that we ended up here, in my house. The stare was too long to be normal so my mom was getting a little uncomfortable but also holding a smirk on her face while she looked between us both, like how she is always when she has a dilemma of choosing the right potatoes to buy.

Yeap. I'm definitely one kind of potato that has a twisting fate.

All eyes were on us and Mom saved the awkward moment. She decided to break the weird tension hanging in the air which I didn't know was there until I momentarily broke the gaze those dangerous blue eyes had caused me.

" Well, uh-" she looked at me with a talk-about-it-later-we-have-things-to-settle-now face and continued " why don't we all have a seat and I'll get the drinks."

No. No, Mom. I can't just take a seat and have a drink with Jackson McLean in my house.This is ridiculous. How could this possibly be so coincidentally real?

We gathered around at the couches and Lyra went off to get drinks. I sat awkwardly at the lone sofa and plastered a smile on my face, even if it's fake. I must have looked like an emoji with gritting teeth from nervousness.

Jackson sat across me, on a lone sofa next to his parents, joining in their total friendly talk with both my parents. God, how can someone be so attractive and makes you want to hate them so much at the same time? Unbelievable.

He was wearing a really nice black button-up shirt which I started to like a lot on him and his hair was a little gelled up, making him uncontrollably hot. A flashback crossed my mind.

I met him at the mall yesterday! So that was why he was there. He was looking for something to wear, like me! Why didn't I realize that?

This is the first time I see him wear a black button-up shirt and let me tell you, he looked sexy as fuck. I blame my hormones. I shook my head a little, just to clear the typical teenager's hormonal fantasies.

I looked back to them and they were all looking at me. Yes, Leighton, you are very good at making scenes and weird stares at you. I gave a dry smile to them, confused. I caught Jackson's eyes and I was suddenly lost of words. Stupid ocean eyes.

Mom saves the day again.

" Honey, you look off guard. Go wash your face to freshen up," Mom's voice was so kind and warm that I felt better again from the uneasiness those eyes were giving me. I gave my mom a pleading look but she just whispered shoo shoo like I was a pitiful pest that seems distracted by everything.

I got up and walked to the bathroom and Lyra walked past me, carrying a tray of drinks while eyeing me with a mixed sense of emotions I can't decipher.

I stepped into the bathroom and closed the door lightly behind me and faced the mirror. Really. I looked kinda distracted just from my expression. Maybe it was the blue eyes. Ugh, what's going on in me? My hair and dress was still okay; everything was okay with me and maybe it's just this feeling inside I can't seem to explain.
What is it?

I splashed my face with a little water and stared at the sink. Out of the blue, the door opened and someone stepped in. I turned around.

Jackson.

What the hell? His eyebrows were lifted, his expression unreadable. All I knew was he shut the door behind him. And another click.

--
A/N
Uh-oh Jackson is back to steal yo girl Austin! But anyway, keep your #Auston ships floating still as it is only a storm that you'll have to go through for a night ;)

Sooo about the cast members, I haven't decided on who Jackson and Leighton should be cast as! Comment your suggestions below! :)

Remember to...
VOTE/
COMMENT/
SHARE.

Thanks for all your patience and reads loves! x

Blue-eyed-boys-lover,
Daphne x