Chapter 21

~Mark's POV (on his date)~

So Ashley and I sat down at the outdoor chairs after Sean left. "So, Ashley, how has your life been going?" I asked. "Well, I haven't been doing as much stuff as you have, but my job's going pretty well. I recently got a promotion, but that's not thrilling." Ashley answered. "Well, that's pretty cool, you know the promotion. I can't really get promotions because I'm my own boss, so I can't upgrade myself, unless I could get more subscribers, then I guess that would be called a "promotion." I replied, but adding finger quotes. Ashley just shrugged her shoulders. "So, um. Do you wanna go in and get some coffee?" Ashley asked. "Sure. But let me be the gentleman that I am and pay." I smiled. I opened the door for Ashley and we went into line for coffee. As we silently waited step-by-step for coffee, two teenagers came up to me. "Oh my gosh! Are you Markiplier?" the one girl asked. "Why, yes I am. Are you a fan?" I answered. "Yeah, my friend and I wondered if we could get a picture with you?" the other girl asked. "Sure! It's always awesome to get pictures with fans!" I smiled. We took the picture and they waved goodbye. "Were those fans of yours?" Ashley asked. I nodded and we made it up to the cash register. "Hello, sir, what would you like?" the cashier asked. "I will take a tall, caramel frappuccino." I replied. "Umm, I'll have a tall, mocha frappuccino." Ashley hesitated. "Coming right up," the cashier announced, "that'll be $9.06." I brought out my wallet and pulled out a 10 dollar bill and handed it to the cashier. (I know we're in Ireland, but just pretend it's an American shop that uses American currency.)

~Time skip how much time it takes to get two coffees cause' I can~

After Ashley and I got our cups of coffee, I opened the door for her to the exterior side of Starbucks. "An open door for m'lady." I smiled and held the door open. "Thank you, sir." Ashley smiled and walked over to an empty outdoor table. "Umm, Ashley dear, do you mind helping me out over here?" I asked as I struggled with my crutches. "Oh, sorry Mark, let me just put my coffee down." Ashley burst out and ran over to help. She held the door for me so I could get out and took my coffee. "Hey! That's my coffee!" I yelled playfully. "I wasn't stealing it, silly! I was just going to put it down for you!" Ashley smiled. Her smile is as bright as the sun...it's blinding. I always fall head over heels for her. Every time she says or does something, I get all jittery inside, it feels like...butterflies...that's probably what it is. "Thank you, Ashley." I smiled. "Hey, no problem, Markimoo- do you mind if I call you that?" Ashley asked. "No, not at all! Y/N calls Sean, Jackyboy, so I have no problem with Markimoo!" I smiled back.

~Time skip 15 minutes of coffee-ing and chatting cause' I can~

"Hey, Ashley, it's 7 o'clock, do you want to get going soon?" I asked. "Sure, but are we going to your place or to mine?" Ashley asked back. "Well, I've got something...special planned." I said mysteriously. "Umm. Ok, but where is it? Also, how are we getting there?" Ashley asked. "I can't spoil the surprise! It'll ruin the date!" I cried playfully with a smile. I got up and started trampling towards the restaurant. "Mark! Where are you going?" Ashley called out. "C'mon! You'll find out when we get there!" I called out behind me and started moving faster.

~Time skip 13 minutes of walking and running cause' I can~

"Mark...please..slow down...already.." Ashley panted. "No, we're almost there. I don't want you to see though, so just close your eyes and hold on to my crutches. I'll go slow, I promise." I told Ashley and she grabbed onto my crutch. As we slowly walked to the restaurant for two minutes, Ashley held her eyes shut and death-gripped my crutch, making sure she wouldn't let go. Every time I started to walk faster, Ashley would seem to hug me closer with every step. "Ok, we're here! You can open your eyes now!" I exclaimed. "Oh my god, Mark! You didn't have to do this! Bijou Bistro is one of the fanciest restaurants in Dublin!" Ashley exclaimed in excitement. "I'd do anything special for a girl as pretty as you." I smirked. "Mark, you're the perfect guy, aren't you?" Ashley giggled with a blush. "Yup." I smiled and we walked in the restaurant; it was over the top fancy! It had chandeliers, high ceilings, red and yellow striped back chairs, curtains, wine glasses set up on the tables, flower bouquets in the middle of the tables, cloth over the tables, floral and square patterned carpeting, and beautiful paintings of flowers on the walls. After I got a good look at the restaurant, I got a good look at Ashley; she had a casual, white, short-sleeved shirt, a black skirt, white heels, a shiny, heart necklace, and a black, over shoulder, Coach purse. She looked absolutely stunning. "Excuse me, we'd like a table for two." I asked politely to the hostess. "Do you have a reservation?" the hostess asked. "No, but-" I got cut off by the lady, "Sorry, no buts. You will have to wait 5 to 10 minutes for an opening, we are very busy." "Ok, I guess we'll wait. Sorry, Ashley, I didn't want this to happen." I apologized to Ashley. "No, don't be sorry, Mark, I don't mind waiting." Ashley smiled. I smiled back and we sat down on a near by bench.