He shook his head "Did you know I can smell your scent all the way from my house? Now imagine your blood. You should really be more careful if you want to come and not find any other vampire. You're lucky there isnt really that many of us in this area."

I nodded "I'll try to be more careful now"

Jace rolled his eyes and threw his arm around my shoulders leading me towards the direction of his house away from the river "Tell me how've you been Jade." he demanded with a smile.

I stopped walking and smiled shyly at him shrugging off his arm gently "If you dont mind I'd prefer to stay here" I told him quietly.

He raised a surprised eyebrow and cracked a beautiful smile "What? Still afraid Im going to eat you?" he teased.

Oh wouldnt that be great, I thought in my head instead I blushed lightly and shrugged going over to a giant rock close to the river and sitting on it. I hadnt expected Jace to be so close behind me, when I looked up he was right in front of me making me gasp quietly and back up, I had forgotten how fast vampires were.

"It's not that. I know you'd never hurt me," the color of his honey eyes proved to me that he wasnt thirsty for blood and Jace was very controlled when it came to blood. "It's just that...you know I dont want to stay here" I finished.

"It's fine dont worry, so how've you been Jade?" he asked seriously eyeing me from head to toe.

I smiled slightly "I've been okay I guess" I said honestly. I had been okay, not great or perfect, but I was managing.

"Really?" Jace asked again looking at me as if he didnt believe me.

I sighed and nodded "Yeah, I've been ok" I repeated. "How about you?" I asked quickly, I didnt want him to ask more about me. I didnt want to confess to him that I still cry myself to sleep at night and that I still have nightmares.

"I've been alright you know, the same" he answered with a small smile.

I nodded again feeling myself growing nervous and anxious all of a sudden, I cleared my throat not believing that I was actually here in front of Jace, it had been a while since I last saw him. Maybe about 2 months, the last time I had actually talked to him it had been on my birthday.

Jace had always been a good friend to me, like a big brother in a way. Conversation always came natural with him, but now here in front of him words had left my mouth and I felt myself growing more nervous as I was here.

I opened my mouth to finally speak, to finally ask him what I had been dying to know I just wouldnt admit it, "And...." I trailed off sighing.

No Nicole! Dont wonder about him! Stop! I shook my head before I could say something about him.

"He's been alright Jade" Jace said gently. I gulped and nodded slowly again "He's alright?....He hasnt come back yet?" I asked quietly knowing all along I had been lying to myself and that was the real reason I had come here.

To know if he was alright.

Or...maybe back yet.

"No not yet" Jace said sadly but sympathetically. My hopes quickly disappeared, they flushed down my body like cold water, I didnt let Jace see how disappointed his answer made me.

I nodded again feeling my eyes well up with tears but I bit my lip hard trying to smile at his concerned face.

Nicole come on what were you thinking? That he was going to be back by now? Were you honestly hoping that? You know better than that, my head told me.