You, Me and a Bed Makes Three (30)

- Lost... -

There are time in my life that I do stupid things. This was no exception...

“Miss, are you okay?” someone asked shaking me lightly. There voice sounded like it was miles away but I had a feeling they were right next to me, what with the shaking and all.

I tried to mumble that I was fine but nothing but a slur of words came from my mouth.

Jeez what and how much had I drank?

I tried to will my limbs to move and my eyes to open so I could at least see where I was.

“how long has she been like this?” a gruff voice I vaguely recognised asked, thick with worry and concern.

“we're not sure. She was fine last time I checked. Just a little drunk.” a deep voice I recognised as Jase replied. He too sounded overly concerned about my current state.

“I'll take her home. I think she just needs to sleep it off.” the gruff voice said with a heavy sigh. I felt my body being lifted. The familiar smell of Ford's aftershave filled my nose as I snuggled in closer to him. “thanks for calling me mate.”

“no problem.” Jase replied happily.

“where are her friends?” Ford asked as he swept some hair off of my face.

“she came in alone.”

“really?” Ford asked surprised to hear such a thing.

“yeah, she does it all the time. I always keep a look out for her when she does. That's why I was so worried when I couldn't find her at her usual spot... Here we'll take her through the back.” Jase said softly.

The sound of doors opening and shutting, heavy footfalls and the distant sound of music filled the silence. I tired to open my eyes again or to say something so that they knew I was okay. I didn't want them worrying too much about me.

“you'll call us if anything happens yeah?” the girls voice asked. I think she was one of the bar staff. She must have found me passed out in the toilets or something.

“sure.” Ford replied softly. “I'm sure she just needs to sleep it off.”

“we best get back. Here's her bag. Everything seems to be in it, her I.D and phone.” Jase said.

Ford shifted, I assume to take my bag. “thanks again mate. I'll have her call you tomorrow.”

“no problem.” Jase replied.

A loud click filled the air signalling the back door was now shut. I stirred willing my body to do something other then just lay in Fords arms.

“shhh. Go to sleep.” Ford cooed, stroking my hair soothingly.

“Ford.” I whispered.

“shhh. I'm here. Your safe now.” he replied as he carried me to his car.

“I'm sorry.” I mumbled before passing out once again.

I woke up in my bed. And by my bed I mean the one at the house I had grown up in. The familiar purple walls, still waiting for me to paint, greeted me along with a killer head ache. I rolled over only to bump into something, or should I say someone?

Crap I hadn't gone and done it again had I?

Slowly I looked at the boy next to me a sighed in relief as I realised it was Ford splayed out next to me and not some random, or Drake again.

What was I doing in my bed, with Ford sleeping next to me?

And that when the nights events came flooding back to me.