Chapter 40 Broken Promises.

Dani's P.O.V

** Next Morning **

I woke up this morning, feeling happy as I can be. Until the memories came flooding from last night. I felt my eyes start to water, but I rubbed my eyes to stop the tears from flowing.

Besides that, I grabbed my phone off the night stand. I was staying in the guest bedroom. It was basic, white walls, white carpet, a tv, a window and other things a room would have. My phone read 9:32 am. Why did I wake up so early? Oh, Yeah. To leave. Cameron was staying in Nash's room, but he wanted to to blow up a air mattress, and stay there.

I do know The Grier House, very well actually. When we would FaceTime them, they gave me a house tour, so I know the rooms, backyard, and kitchen, etc...

I got up and got my phone and walked to the shower with a hand full of fresh clothes for the day.

I turned the water foset. I don't like hot showers, I like cold ones. The feel of coldness just clears my mind.

I got out of the shower and put on a new pair of underwear, bra, and a take top with shorts. I walked back to my room and got out my curling iron, and hair dryer. I dried my my hair and started doing lose curls. Finally after maybe about 15 minutes I was finished, my outfit of the day consisted me wearing-

A black crop top that showed a little biting my belly.
A light washed jean jacket.
White shorts.
And black vans.

It was hot outside, so I didn't want to be bundled up. But if I'm around Skylynn I'm gonna obviously show a little less. I wouldn't want a six year old thinking I'm some sort of whore or slut. But I highly doubt she would.

I go to the boys room and knock. Nothing. I walked in but covered my eyes, " Hello? Guys you there?" I didn't hear anything so I looked around and they weren't in there. I went downstairs and pulled my shirt down and shorts down a little bit. I walked into the kitchen and heard voices.

" Babe you were gone for so long." A perky high voice screeched. I stopped by the stairway and leaned my back against the wall. " I know, but I can't do this..." I was confused what did he not want to do?

I looked to my left to see Skylynn rubbing her eyes, in her pink horse pajamas. Once she saw me she gasped and then screamed, " Dani!" She came running down to me and hugged my leg.

" Dani?" Shit.

" Hey baby girl." I picked her up and walked out to the kitchen. Hayes and Jordan were sitting on the couches and looked up at me. " When did you get here?" She asked, while I set her down on the counter top. " I got here last night, but you were sleeping so I didn't get a chance to day hi." I laughed. She giggled and told me all about how she missed me. Damn how could I leave her? Cameron was right I did just get here. There was no point in going home. I will just have to get through it.

Skylynn said she would go get dressed and come meet me outside. I nodded at watched as her little tiny self tried to accomplish to go up the stairs. I looked back and Hayes was staring at me, and Jordan was staring at Hayes. I cleared my throat and said," Well I better go outside."

Hayes had a slight worry in his eyes and said," Hey wait, Dan- I mean Daniella I need to tal-"
" No Hayes... Um, you have Jordan- So go talk to your girlfriend." Girlfriend. That's his girlfriend. I'm not. Not that I want I want to be any time soon. It just hurts you know? I mean watching the love of my life, loving someone else... hurts.

I made my way to the backyard and the boys were obviously playing around.

" Hey losers! " I waved my hand. Cameron looked at me and his eyes became widen.

" Oh, my gosh! Dani I'm so sorry, I forgot I was gonna take you home. Look we can go now-"

" No big brother it's fine, I'm okay here and I can get through it." He smiled at me, but then I heard little feet patter on the floor. Soon enough a small figure was right by my side. I looked down, and Skylynn was all dresses up.-

Her hair in a pony tail.
A pink puffy skirt.
Pink&White Leggings.
Cowboy boots.
And a white shirt.

For a six year old, she had a good fashion sense. " Can we go to the park?" Her little voice asked. " Sure," I laughed. I went inside to go ask Elizabeth, if it was fine to go out with her.

" Elizabeth is it fine, if I go take Sky out?"

" Of course! But please be home before dinner time."

" Thank you and we will."

I went back outside an told her the news, and she was more than excited to go out. She wanted to go to the park, so why not? " Ooo! Can Hayes come too?" Hayes. I don't think I can be around him. But she's little. She doesn't understand. And I have to be brave for her.

" Yea, go ahead and tell him." I out on a fake smile. She left and I heard, " Hey poobear! Come on, we are going to the park! " The excitement in her voice was too cute. " Yes, I'll go."

" He coming!" She said excitedly jumped up and down.
" Great." It wasn't great.

~•~•~ 15 minutes later •~•~

15 minutes later and this boy still isn't ready? Damn.

" Come on Skylynn he's taking forever." I sighed as I got up from the couch, and grabbed her hand. " But he said he was coming." She pouted. " Look Sky, not everyone says the truth."

" But he promised..." Her voice weakened. " I know but, Hayes doesn't always keep his promises. " It broke my heart, she wanted him to go and he didn't. She sighed and gave up, but wanted to go to the park.

" Let's go gorgeous." I smiled at her. Her face light up, and we walked to the park. With No Hayes.

Hayes's P.O.V

Me and Jordan were in my room talking until, Skylynn came up.

" Hey poobear! Come on, we are going to the park! " She said excitedly. " And I want you to come." I looked back at Jordan, and she rolled her eyes. " No I'm sorry, not today." I felt bad. I never say no to her.

"Please!" She begged.

" Okay look uh- Skylynn, he isn't going so, leave!" Jordan said every rude. Sometimes I wonder why I'm with her. Skylynn look at at me, then her and said," You know what Jordan? I think you look like Barbie. But Barbie is prettier than you. And nobody likes you." I gasped. I never heard her say that. I don't know to laugh or to yell. " Skylynn don't say that!" I had to prevent myself from laughing. Jordan huffed and got in her phone. " Yes I'll go." I smiled. Her face light up, like a Christmas tree. She ran down stairs and started talking. I don't know who though.

" Are you seriously leaving me?" Jordan said with attitude. " Yes, I'll be back." I want to go kiss her but, she moved and started talking to me on how I should be spending more time with her, but honestly I don't care.

Danis's P.O.V

The sun is about to go down and Skylynn is out of it. She ran and ran and ran and ran. And she runs fast.

We walked back home, and her telling me random things. I laughed at how she talks about one thing and goes on about another. We entered the house, and Sky automatically hugged her mom. " I had so much fun with Dani!" She went and poured her little heart out.

Elizabeth told her to chill out and go wash up because dinner was ready. We did as we were told and a we went down someone bumped into me...

The Broken Promiser.