Part Two - Chapter Thirty: Nicola's Father

"So all this time you knew that my father was alive and you didn't tell me?" Nicola snapped making Alexandria look down at her hands; her daughter had every right to be angry with her about this. 

Ever since Nicola was a little girl and she had asked where her father was, Alexandria had told her that he had been killed before she was born; something that was far from the truth but necessary to protect Nicola. 

Joanna pursed her lips watching at her daughter, she had told Alexandria decades ago that she should tell Nicola the truth about her father; but the blonde had refused saying that Nicola didn't need him. 

"I did what was right, your father Nicola... he's not like us," Alexandria murmured softly making Nicola glare at her mother, she couldn't believe that she had lied to her for all these years. 

Joanna looked at her daughter, she knew could understand that Nicola was upset for the right reasons and that Alexandria had been wrong to keep this knowledge from her but she couldn't have them fighting each other, while Gideon had kidnapped Charlotte. 

"Nicola, your father was a mage," Joanna interrupted making Nicola pause and look at her grandmother shocked, she wasn't sure if she had heard her right. 

Nicola didn't know much about mages but she knew enough, mage's were immortal creatures that lived in the above realm, they were known for the neutral status in the magic of the realm as well as being extremely powerful and rare; they didn't even live on the mortal realm. 

The last known mage to come to earth had been Merlin when he had aided King Arthur before he had disappeared back to the realm; it was unheard of for a mage to come involved with Earth afterwards 

"My father is a mage?" Nicola asked making sure that she had heard correctly, the blonde licked her lips as she sat down in shock; it wasn't something that she wanted to believe but she knew that her mother and grandmother

Joanna looked at Alexandria, she urged her daughter silently to explain what had happened with Nicola's father; the blonde sighed as she moved to sit next to her daughter. 

"I meet your father when I was twenty-four... he was studying magic in our realm," Alexandria explained making Nicola look at her, the blonde knew that her mother hated talking about her father so she wasn't going to say anything until she had finished. 

Alexandria smiled as she remembered the summer that she had spent with Nicola's father, it was so long ago now and she missed him ever after all this time; she would never see him again and that thought hurt her. 

"I offered to show him around... I knew he was different I could sense it as soon as I saw him, he was someone outside of the coven that I can speak with about my magic," Alexandria said remembering how quickly he had told her that he didn't care that she was a witch and how he had told her, he was a mage; they had fallen in love and that was all that had mattered to them at the time. 

Nicola nodded listening to her mother talk about her father, it was clear to see why it was difficult for her to talk about him; Alexandria still loved him, even after all of this time. 

"It was near the end of the August and he was going to leave... we spent one last night together and we conceived you," Alexandria whispered softly as tears filled her eyes thinking back to her goodbye to Nicola's father before she had discovered she was pregnant. 

Nicola looked down at her hands, she didn't remember her father ever coming back when she was a child so she guessed that he never knew about her and now never would. 

"He came back when you were two years old... his father had sensed mage magic on earth and had sent him to see what it was, we decided for your safety that it would be best that you never knew about him," Alexandria explained sadly, she wished that Nicola had been allowed the chance to meet her father before she was killed.

***

Fernando looked at Ryan concerned wondering why his fellow whitelighter was so afraid of the man that was now pacing the living room; he wasn't in the mood for fighting with anyone else right now. 

"Excuse me... but just who are you?" Amber asked making Ryan look at her alarmed, he wished that she wasn't such a hot head; it wasn't a good idea to get on the wrong side of this man. 

The man stopped and looked at Amber, he wondered if Alexandria had ever shared with anyone the truth about Nicola's heritage, he was a little worried about saying something that he shouldn't. 

"I thought you couldn't come here?" Ryan asked drawing the man's attention to him, staring at Ryan for a moment before he sighed, this whitelighter knew who he was but he doubted the other one did. 

"I go wherever I please Lewis... I would have thought your father would have taught you that," the man replied stiffly making Ryan frown as Marissa moved to his side; whoever this man was it was clear that the whitelighter didn't like him.

However before Ryan could continue Lucas scurried into the room making the man saw that the little blonde boy who hurried into Fernando's arms; the man watched the two interact as he realised who Fernando was and that the little boy was Nicola's. 

Ryan swallowed noticing the anger that appeared on the man's face, he knew that the Elders would be in trouble for not informing him that Nicola had children; but they hadn't wanted him to intervene in what was happening. 

"Just who are you?" Marissa asked making the man chuckle; he hadn't doubted that the Elders had made sure that he wouldn't be recognized by the coven if he were to return to see them.

"I am Henry Emrys," the man revealed making all of the coven stop and stare at him, Ryan glared at the man while Amber swallowed heavily; she regretted her earlier words instantly now she realised who he was. 

"As in Merlin's son?" Adrian asked breathlessly, making Henry nod amused watching the shock radiated around the group; Fernando shifted nervously wondering why he was here and why his eyes seemed to be focused on him and Lucas. 

"Why have you come here?" Fernando asked making Ryan glance at him, he knew that Henry would have special interest in his fellow whitelighter now and there was no hiding that the Elders had broken their promise to Henry and Merlin. 

"I heard a rumour and wanted to see if it was true," Henry mused softly as his eyes stared at Lucas, who cuddled into his father's arms; he wished that he had come sooner then this wouldn't be happening. 

"And was your rumour true?" Fernando asked defensively making Henry chuckle softly and nod sadly at him; he wished he had had the chance to get to know his daughter and her family before she had been killed. 

"Sadly so Fernando, I've missed out in a lot while I have been gone," Henry murmured making Fernando shift nervously wondering how the man before him knew his name; Henry offered him a wise smile knowing that he had best introduce himself to the Spaniard. 

"You see I came here to meet with Nicola... for a special reason which also affects you and your children," Henry said making Ryan pale as he realised what the man was doing; however he knew there was nothing he could do to stop it.