**16**

Chapter 16: Doomsday

TheLost-TheLonely made that cover

Macy's POV

*

*

*

*

"Stop screaming, ugh!" Harry clamps his hands over his ears as I stare at the blank screen, screaming my head off. "It's just an interview! Go on YouTube and watch it if it's that important! Just knock it off!" Harry throws a pillow at my head and I tumble backwards on to the ground.

"Ow," I groan out. I had been sitting on the armrest of his couch and the impact of his pillow sent me tumbling.

"Sorry, not sorry. Now come over here so I can see you better. It's dark as Hell in here." Harry helps me to my feet and leads me to the window. The light from outside wasn't exactly light either. The sky was a bright white as dark clouds come and go with lightning and rain. Add a dash of thunder and we've got a storm. Oh wait, that's already happened. The clouds above move in a circular motion and Harry's weather detector beeps.

"Where's your cat?" I ask Harry, looking around his living room for the playful kitten.

He shrugs. "No clue but I just got an alert that we are in a tornado."

"We have to go," I say urgently.

"No I'm getting my cat!" Harry protested, already ducking to look under furniture for any sign of the fur ball.

"You're crazy!" I grab at Harry but he dodges easily.

"Go to the tornado shelter, located in the front right, and keep the door closed. I'll be there as soon as I can-"

I grab Harry this time and he pushes me back gently. "Harry we have to go!" The glass from his windows shatters, the shards cutting into my flesh. Harry shakes his head.

"Macy dang it just go to the shelter now! There's a first aid kit in there."

Sighing, I give Harry one last kiss to the lips and race out of the his house to the tornado shelter. The rain from above beats down on my skin, gliding down my straight nose till it drips off onto the ground. I couldn't believe we were having a tornado. I just moved here. I open the latch to it and climb in backwards, grabbing on to the bars as I step down further inside of the shelter.

Closing the latch, I go to the back to lean against the wall; cradling my body up against it and wrapping my arms around my legs. I really hoped Harry would get here in time. A few seconds later the latch opens and Harry jumps in. The roaring wind from outside sounds in my ears while he tries to hurriedly close the latch back in to not let rain inside. He's not holding the cat. He races to me and bursts into tears.

"I-I couldn't f-find h-her. Sh-she must h-have s-sensed the s-storm," Harry stutters out, reminding me of a little boy who couldn't sleep during a storm. I pull him to me as the lightning strikes outside, his body shaking as the thunder booms.

"It's okay, Harry. She'll be fine. She probably just went to take shelter," I reason with him as I pat his back soothingly. The river of tears fall from his eyes on to my shirt, staining it with cool moisture from his shiny green eyes. Tracks of tears are marked down his face as he stares at me innocently. Placing my fingers in his curls, I let them bounce and grip around my pointer finger. They were soft.

Harry pulls back, face pink and blotchy. "Promise?" He dabs at his eyes with his shirt, exposing his perfectly toned and abed body. A 'v' line disappears past his pants as I swallow hard, swallowing the lump in my throat. Woah baby. Who would have thought cutie Harry would have abs? He puts his shirt down and sits on the ground. "Promise?" He repeats again, this time a bit louder.

I slowly move to sit beside him, sitting crisscross applesauce. Harry lets the tears fall some more, choked hiccups the only sound we hear over the roaring wind outside. I grab the hand Harry's fingers are playing with and gently set them in my lap. I put his fingertips to my lips, kissing the top of each one gently. Harry pulls back only to pull my hand to his lips and gently kisses the flesh there.

"I promise," I whisper to him. Somehow, someway, I knew that the cat was a goner and tomorrow Harry would be devastated. Maybe he knew that as well but I let him cling onto the thought of his cat in nice shelter instead of being out in a tornado where flying debris could kill you. I'm not very good at reassuring myself, it seems.

Harry leans his head back against the wall. "C' mere. We should probably sleep until tomorrow." Nodding my head, I start to lean my head against the wall but Harry isn't having it. He pulls me towards him and places my head on his lap. He then starts to run his fingers through my hair, every few seconds placing it around his finger then untangling it. "Good night Macy." He kisses my forehead and blows out the little candle light we had beside us.

"Good night Harry..." His name comes out muffled as I fall asleep in the arms of somebody who I wanted, but would never have.

SORRY IT WAS SHORT: DOUBLE UPDATE OR NA? If I were to add a Logan going on date with Macy, would you hate me and stop reading or enjoy the experience?

Vote :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)