**1**

Chapter 1: Smirking Devil
Macy's POV

*

*

*

*

"Thanks again for the ride, Parker," I say to my dad. I didn't like calling him dad due to reasons of the past. He doesn't deserve to be called dad if he can't act like one.

Parker nods. "Behave yourself, ok kid?" I smile at him and hop out of his cherry red truck. I stare up at the school building where I will forever be tortured in until I get out, then walk up the stone steps. This was Oza Academy a school for the wealthy. Your question now probably revolves around 'you are rich?' Your answer would be yes. My dad owns a CEO Company here in Arkansas.

A slight drizzle casts down from the skies and I have to squint so none of the drops can fall through my lashes. I moved from Tennessee to here. I was happy there but after my mother committed suicide, I had to, no I was forced to move here to Arkansas. Where the weather is both too hot and too cold everyday.

Taking a deep breath, I adjust the schools mandatory skirts before looking down. Even the floor mats in front of the door were stylish. Pushing on the doors mahogany colored door, with glass in the middle, it makes a loud groaning noise due to the weight. Stepping through the door I head straight to the office while my heels clink on the shiny white marble.

Pushing the door open to the office room, the secretary with a hair in a bun and a tight skirt greets me. "You must be our newest student."

I nod and smile shyly. "Yea. Where is room B209?" I ask. Earlier I had thought about getting a pamphlet of the place, but after entering the building it fled my mind.

She smiles sweetly, giving off the effect of a mother that I immediately loved. My mother was dead. "Sure thing, honey. Follow me." For a women in four inch heels and a tight pencil skirt, I must say she walks fast.

Her heels clink on the ground while I race to keep up with her. Finally making it to my class, which was calculus, she smiles brightly at me. "Have a nice day. If you need anything, come on down to the office and I can help. Just ask for Carmen Fitz."

Smiling in gratitude, I open the door slowly with a deep breath. It wasn't easy being the new kid. Especially in the middle of the school year. Walking through the doors, all the kids attention avert from the teacher to me. I swallow hard, feeling my face flush at the attention.

"Really? Interrupt my class Ms..." The teacher who I will forever call Mr. Jerk says. Realizing he is waiting for me to answer, I blush deeper.

"Macy?" I say it like a question.

Mr. Jerk rolls his eyes. "We only have one available seat and it is beside Harold Styles."

"Actually it's Harry Styles." Came a British accent in the back. Slowly scanning the room, my eyes land on a smirking hottie. Woah baby. His brown curly locks shined from the above lights; his green eyes a place where the most fertilized grass would roam; his lips... oh those lips. They were a dark red, shaped like both a heart and a Cupid bow. A white stick poked out from in between and I felt my knees go weak.

I had two questions about the sucker. 'What flavor'and 'Can I have a taste?'

Mr. Jerk claps slowly. "Congrats. Anyways Macy go have a seat beside Harold so we can get back to our lesson."

Nodding once, I make my way to the back while all gazes fall on me. Taking each cautious step, I dodge around the many backpacks that litter the walk way until I make it to where Harold or Harry sits. Pulling my chair out, it scrapes against the ground rather loudly while I plop my butt down in the seat.

Harry looks even prettier in person. I also notice many tattoos on his wrist. I wonder where else he had tattoos.

"Hi Mandy," he chuckles at his own humor. "mind taking these notes for me?"

Scrunching my brows together, he pulls out a Dum Dum sucker- blue colored- and begins to suck on it slowly. He keeps his eyes on me, leaning his elbows on his knees with a grin.

So he was one of those boys, huh? "How about you," I hit the hand that was inching up my thigh. "Do your work and pretend I am not here, hmm?"

Harry places his hand over his heart in an attempt to look hurt. "No way. How would I bother you then if I did as you asked?"

"Just leave me alone-"

"Ah Macy. Since you seem so interested in this topic, why don't you come up to the board and answer this equation." My eyes widen in surprise as I look to where the mean eye is directed my way from the teacher. Moving out of my seat, I shoot the oddly relaxed Harry a vengeful glare before making my way to the front.

I continuously looked at the board, but the answer didn't seem to want to appear for me. I wasn't very good at math and seeing as the question wasn't even up there, I knew I had just made an enemy out of my teacher.

"I-I... Uh..."

"That is why, class, you pay attention." All the students begin to burst out in laughter. Looking to the back even Harry is smiling while propping his legs up on the desk, the sucker hanging from those Cupid bow lips.

Hurriedly walking back to my seat, I don't even give Harry another look. I keep my head down and doodle on a piece of notebook paper that was left here from probably yesterdays class. I feel Harry's hand touch my back.

"Don't worry about it Mandy." He leans back in his chair, hat turned backwards. "You will fall for me eventually." Rolling my eyes, I shove his chair over causing him to fall on the ground. How's that for falling for him? I think to myself. His chair had been leaning back, so why not? The students begin to laugh as Harry blushes, fixing his chair.

Mr. Jerk frowns. "Stop being an idiot, Harold."

Harry rubs the base of his head. "Sorry sir. Chair slipped." He winks at me and I laugh looking away. The teacher begins to speak again and I give Harry a little nod of approval. He shrugs like it was no big deal before getting back to licking his sucker.

Vote! Comment! Follow!