How You Met

Tony
You've always dreamed of working in the Avengers tower since your senor year, and now that you have graduated MIT you now have a shot. You were the highest ranking student in your class and in almost all of your majors and if you weren't you were in at least the top five. You also graduated early so hopefully that will catch their attention as well.

"Alright miss, Avengers Tower. Good luck."

You smile at the taxi driver through the review mirror and say thanks even if he didn't trully mean it. I mean, there was a one in a million shot of being let in. But that's were her project comes in...

You pay him and climb out of the taxi and start walking towards the doors that will open up to your dream. Once you reach the doors you take a collective breath and press the guest button that allows security to notice you and let you in.

As soon as you walk in everything is a rush, a young woman shows you around until you reach the two big brown doors where you will have your interview.

"Alright just sit tight until Miss Hill calls you in and good luck!" She smiles professionally and walks off briskly.

As you stood there waiting you started to smooth out your blouse and fix up your pencil skirt. You were so focused on looking nice that you didn't even feel the presence of another right beside you.

"You can't possibly be the new girl," someone scoffs. Your eyes widen and you refuse to lift your head from fixing the front of the blouse.

"Excuse me, what is that supposed to mean?" You snap, now looking through your papers to make sure you have everything.

"You're just too pretty, if you were dressed any different I would've thought that you were a model."

You frown and cluck your tongue and then snap your head towards him, "So you're suggesting that a pretty girl can't be a smart girl? That if we're pretty we are meant to be toys and things to look at and use for entertainment? Well welcome to a whole new world buddy because here I am and..."

He was smirking but as you rant dwindled off he started to smile, "No, what I meant was that I think with you around it will be harder to concentrate." He says smoothly.

You're absolutely breathless, you had just mouthed off to your boss, the Tony Stark. And he complimented you, was this for real?

He starts to smirk again and then winks, "I hope you are as smart as people say because I really want you here. I know you are though, I see that intelligence sparkle in your eye." He pushes open the doors, "Let's begin shall we?"

You just stand there and blink like an idiot as Tony waits patiently for you to enter, "B-but I thought Miss Hill was interviewing me?"

Mischief glints in his eye and he smiles again, "Change of plans."

Steve
Every morning at five you go at running with your Belgium Malinois, Bear. He was called Bear because ever since he was a pup he would grunt while he played, like a little cub, he was also really big and had a beautiful red coat.

This morning run was different though because you wasn't in Oregon anymore, instead it was Washington DC. You moved here because of your dad, he has stage three lung cancer and you want to be with him as much as possible. He also wants you to inherit the house. The last time you were in DC you were only 13, ever since then dad would always visit you but now he is too sick to even really leave to house. You can't stand losing your dad, he's all you've got left.

A tear starts to roll down your cheek and slow down to a walk and crouch. Running and crying dont mix, you were just going to sit here until you've calmed down a bit. You hear the familiar grunts of your goofy but intelligent dog as he bounds back towards you and licks your face compassionately. You sat there stroking him for who knows how long until you hear the sound of feet heading right in your direction.