Broken Walls.... Broken Heart! Prt 29

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ RECAP ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Si" I whispered

"Mmm?" He mumbled back as he started drifting back to sleep again.

"Thanks for being there last night, I really do love you Simon!" I said as I looked up at him.

His eyes where still closed but the grin on his face was huge. He looked like a kid who had just been given the keys to a sweet shop.

"I love you too Amie" he replied as he held me tighter to him.

**** Chapter 29 ****

Clayton's POV:

The swelling on my face had gone down a little, making my appearance a bit more approachable. I'd seen the pain in Amie's face when she looked at me, I think today I'd tell her to not come anymore.

Yesterday she had spent near enough the whole day with me, and as much as I had been grateful and loved having her with me I had been plagued with guilt at making her waste a whole day by my side when she could have been with Paula or done something for herself.

I could hear the nurses outside my room talking as they did their hand overs. I hadn't had much sleep since I'd been here, I just couldn't settle.

My leg was itching like crazy but I was prevented from scratching it due to the large cast that covered it. I'd managed to get a spoon under the cast and have a good scratch.

There was a small knock at the door then a small nurse came into the room holding a clipboard that looked bigger then her. I chuckled lightly to myself as I watched her put the clipboard at the foot of my bed.

"Your consultant is doing a ward round this morning, he will be around between ten and twelve. How are you feeling today?" She asked almost in a bored tone.

"Yeah, I'm fine just an itchy leg." I replied, a small smile on my face.

"Well I can't do much about that I'm afraid but you will be getting the cast taken off next week and a x-ray to see how your leg is healing. Hopefully it won't irritate you too much. If you need anything just press the call button and someone will be in" she said as she made her way out of the room.

A few minutes later there was another knock came at the door. She obviously had forgotten something.

"Hey"

I felt like a giant butterfly was fluttering its wings in my stomach, my heartbeat increasing so much that I could hear each beat in my ears.

"Amie" I said just above a whisper.

"You OK? I just saw the nurse leave, is everything going well?" She asked as she sat down in the chair beside my bed.

"I, Er, I- I'm fine. I just, erm I" I replied, not quiet able to reply in a full sentence that made any sense.

Amie's face was scruncthed up in confusion.

"I'm fine" I said as I released a big sigh. " I wanted to ask you something" I said while watching Amie, she shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

Sitting on her hands she finally sat still

"What did you want to ask?"

"I don't think its good for you to come see me anymore" I said as I bit my lip nervously, the metallic taste of blood filling my mouth.

"I don't understand?" She replied, she sounded hurt but then she had a angry tone in her voice.

"I just feel like you've wasted enough time on me, I mean you have Paula that you could be spending your days with instead of me"