Chapter 42:

Brantley's POV:

I was tense in me seat, watching Jakob closely. "What's goin on sir?" I asked cautiously. "We've got a few things to discuss. Alone." He said cryptically. Jakob relaxed into his chair, stretching his legs out in front of him. I braced my elbows on my knees and propped my chin on my knuckles. "I'm listening." I tried not to growl. I didn't like not knowing what was going on. "What are your intentions with my daughter? Last time you were here, was a total clusterfuck. By the time y'all left, I was still in shock. But now I want to know a few things. I know that you're sleeping with my daughter. I don't like that. I understand she's not a child anymore, but she'll always be my little girl. So what are your intentions? If she's just a piece of ass, you need to get in that truck and leave right now. That little girl loves you something fierce. So if you're gonna treat her like some random club whore, you need to-" I cut him off with a roar. "Watch your mouth! That little girl is a goddamn angel. I don't ever wanna hear you insinuate anything remotely close to that again. Club whore? A fuckin club whore?! Seriously?! Harley is my everything. She's my entire world, and she's terrified right now. She's sitting in that house crying her eyes out because she thinks her Pops is about to smoke her old man. So if you're done being an ass hole, we can head inside and make sure she's ok." I growled and stood up. How dare that motherfucker claim that I was using Harley? I glared at him again, and he grinned. "What the hell are you smiling at?" I rumbled. I was getting real angry, real quick. Which usually ended real bad. "Sit down Brantley, I wasn't serious. I wanted to see your reaction, to see what she was to you. I apologize for doing it, but I had to know that you were serious about her." Jakob explained. I shook my head and sat, still irritated. "I know what you did for her. Hunting that ass hole Scott down and all that. But I wanted to be sure that you did it for the right reasons, not out of some obligation. I needed to be sure before I gave you my blessing." He said. I turned to him. "Your blessing?" I asked for clarification. "Yes. Do you love her?" He asked me. I answered instantly, "More than anything in the universe.". "Do you intend to spend the rest of your life with her?" Jakob asked. Again, I answered instantly. "As long as she'll have me, I'll be by her side. Your daughter is my heart and soul. She's my forever.". "Do you intend to make me a grandfather? In the future, that is." He continued. "Absolutely. At least two. Harley will make an incredible mother." I told him. He nodded once. "Good. She likes a princess cut style. No yellow gold." Jakob said and walked inside. I stood and paused. Did he just describe a ring? Did I just get Jakob's blessing to marry his daughter? Would Harley even be open to the idea? We had never discussed marriage, but now that Jakob planted it in my mind, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I could picture my gorgeous woman on our wedding day, nothing too flashy. I could see her grow and swell with our child. Her introducing herself as Harley Gilbert. It's like my mind was racing, imagining exactly where we could have the wedding. How I'd ask her. What she'd say. I felt about 30 pounds lighter as I walked inside. That is until 130 pounds of woman launched herself at me like a catapult. I planted my feet and caught her mid-air. She was still sniffling, clinging onto me for dear life. "I tried calling her down. But I think she's pissed at me." Jakob chuckled. "Angel I'm alright. See?" I motioned to myself with my free hand. "We just talked baby. That's it. We just needed to clear the air and straighten out a few things is all. I promise." I soothed her. She finally calmed enough for me to put her down. It was harder than I thought. Now that I knew what I wanted to do, it was hard not to just ask her right here and now, then hop a plane to Vegas to elope. But I'd wait. I'd do this right. It had to be perfect. No way was I going to screw this up for Harley.