Chapter 39:

Harley's POV:

I woke up as we got back to the tour bus. Danny decided to hang out with Jace for a bit longer, and Brantley and I went to get ready for the show tonight. We showered together to save water, but probably used more than we would have if we'd showered separately. By the time we stumbled out of the shower, I had a cramp in my leg from the awkward angle, a bruise in my back from the faucets, and Brantley had brush burn on his knees, and possibly a knot on his head from when we slipped. But hot damn it was worth it. I was still walking a little funny by the time we were dressed and heading backstage. We could hear the crowd screaming. They were chanting "Duet! Duet!". "Looks like you're comin with me baby girl." Brantley grinned. I took his hand and grabbed a spare mic and we ran out on stage. The band started, and we launched right in.

(Brantley in standard. Harley in italics. Both in bold.)

So we're tryin' to play our cards right, but I ain't ever liked playin' by the rules.
I should probably take you home tonight, but I don't know about you.
Baby I know you got a wild side, (But boy I've got a wild side too).
I don't wanna say goodnight, I wanna howl at the moon.
Let's do what the night wants, shut the lights off, let the moon light lead the way.
Stay off the main roads, crank up the radio, let it play all our cares away.
And if you want I can take you home,
but I don't wanna be alone,
Let's do what the night wants.

Baby girl I know you're curious, so we might as well get it out the way.
I ain't tryin' to se no deal girl, I know you'll make it worth the wait.
Now I wanna know you a little more, (I think you wanna know more too)
I could walk you to your front door,
Or we could howl at the moon.

Let's do what the night wants, shut the lights off, let the moon light lead the way.
Stay off the main roads, crank up the radio, let it play all our cares away.
And if you want I can take you home,
but I you don't wanna be alone,
Let's do what the night wants...

We can look up in the mornin', shootin' boons up at the sunrise,
but right now in this moment let's let it ride,
and do what the night wants...
(What do ya say baby?)
Let's do what the night wants, shut the lights off, let the moon light lead the way.
Stay off the main roads, crank up the radio, let it play all our cares away,
and if you want I can take you home,
but I don't wanna be alone...
Let's do what the night wants...
Yeah let's do what the night wants...

We finished the song, our noses nearly touching. The crowd was cheering and screaming, singing along with us. Danny was in the wings swaying along to the beat. Life was good...