Chalter 31:

Still Brantley's POV:

I set Harley down on the couch, and guided Danny down next to her. I sat on the coffee table in front of them, knee to knee. "What's with the gift shop in front of the door?" I asked. "It's Scott. My ex-manager. I realized that when he signed the email with 'Ciao babes'. He always said that stupid shit. He's been knocking on my door all day and all night! I didn't open the door. He's completely lost his mind!" She yelled. The tears started again. "I'm so sorry Harley!" Danny sniffled. Harley and I turned to him in question. "He came around the desk and held me down while he looked up your room number. He had me by the throat, I couldn't fight him off. I'm so sorry!" He cried softly. "Oh honey, it's not your fault. He's completely insane! Don't blame yourself!" Harley soothed him, hugging him tightly. They clung to each other, both crying. I growled. Danny jumped. Harley reached for me. I tugged her up and took her place on the couch, pulling her into my lap. Danny's lip trembled pitifully. "Come on in here kid." I shifted Harley to my other side and slung an arm around him. Danny scrambled over, plastering himself by my side. I tried not to flinch. I didn't want him to think I had a problem with him. I really didn't, but it was an odd thing to feel a man trying to cuddle up against me. Harley took Danny's hand, and they clung to each other. We all sat quietly for a while, and before I knew it, I felt Danny's head thunk down onto my shoulder. When I looked, he was sound asleep. Harley stood. I went to scoot away from him but she stopped me. "Just put him in the bedroom. He's exhausted." She said, motioned to the bedroom down the hall. I just looked at her. "Brantley he's tired, and Scott scared the hell out of him. Please?" She pouted. I sighed and nodded. "Fine." I stood slowly, and scooped the small man up, tossing him over my shoulder. After depositing him in one of the beds, and detangling his hands from my shirt, I headed back to Harley in the living room area. I flopped down onto the couch next to her. "Thank you." She said. "For what angel?" I asked her. "For everything. For flying out here, for being nice to Danny, just.. For being you." She smiled tiredly. I tugged her close and kissed her. "You're welcome. There's nowhere else id rather be. And he's a good kid. People are just assholes. It'll take some getting used to, especially when he clings to me like you do. I'm not used to that." I sighed. "Thank you for not pulling away from him though. He's a sweetheart. I gathered that he dosent have anyone in his life. We talked for a while when I checked in, and he's got no one. No friends, no family." Harley mumbled. I snuggled her closer. "Why does he reach for me anyways? Like cling to me and shit? I know he's on the scrawny side, but still..." I trailed off confused. "You're an alpha male. He's more of an omega. He looks to you for comfort because he knows you'll protect him, just like you protect me. It's in your nature to take charge, to care for those weaker than you. He needs someone to be there for him. You make him feel safe, and I don't think he's ever had that before." She told me. When she explained it, it made sense. "Does it bother you? I mean, do you have a problem with him?" Harley asked me. I shook my head no immediately. "No, I've got no problem with him. It makes sense when you put it that way. Danny dosent bother me, like I said, it's just an odd thing to have a man reach for me for comfort. It's not something I'm used to. I'll adjust, and I won't pull away from him. Lord knows that would hurt his feelings, and that's the last thing I want to do. The kid's had a rough life." I told her softly. I nudged Harley off my lap. "I want you to call the cops, I'm going to bring in all that shit in front of your door. There's gotta be something they can do." I said. She nodded and reached for the phone when I headed to the door.