Chapter 38 - Drop Point Alpha - 1

Sorry it's been so long since I've updated...

- Sōsaku-ka ZERO rei

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first expeditionary force of the Gra Valkas Empire's overseas deployment unit set out for the Mu Continent less than a week after receiving the first report of the outbreak of the civil war. In preparation for the war against Japan, they had long been deployed to airfields in the Holy Mirishial Empire's colonies—several enclaves close to the Mu Continent—and began their activities before dawn.

While opinions within the empire were still divided on whether to intervene decisively, the dispatch of the first wave of troops, arranged in advance by the interventionists, effectively sealed the decision for full-scale intervention.

The first wave of the paratroopers boarded a total of 335 aircraft, including the latest Avior heavy transport aircraft, modified from the mainstream Avior transport planes and transport gliders capable of carrying even light tanks, and set off for the Mu Continent. It was an intervention more rapid than even that of Japan, let alone Mirishial. The paratroopers deployed on the continent joined forces with local rebel forces and immediately intervened in the fighting.

Following them, the Mirishial military dispatched airborne units aboard 227 Guernica 35 transport planes and nearly one-third of them were on transport gliders. Furthermore, a large transport fleet with heavy equipment awaited the arrival of the interventionist forces, and full-scale intervention was also being prepared in their respective homelands. However, by the time the reinforcements arrived, Japan's full-scale intervention was also imminent, and thus the Mu Federation descended into hell.

- Historical book published in the later era at the Principality of Qua-Toyne

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1 Month 2 Year 1643 Central Calendar

Industrial area, northern Mu Federation

Upon landing, Eckhart checked his equipment in the dim darkness of the night. First, he scanned the vicinity to search, but there were no bags containing rifles or anything of the sort lying around. Either they got snagged on a tree or were dropped far away during the descent. Regardless, the surroundings were dark, making it impossible to search effectively.

"Dammit... what a perfect deployment...!!" Eckhart snarked amidst being isolated in enemy territory.

All he has left is just a single knife, forced to survive with just that. Of course, the paratroopers were trained to anticipate such situations, but wandering aimlessly through the forest like this is mentally taxing. He wanted to secure safety by finding allies soon or obtaining necessary supplies. However, scanning the area and listening carefully, all he heard were the sounds of the wind and anti-aircraft guns. With limited visibility, he even tried to rely on scent for reconnaissance, but it seemed there were no human figures nearby.

Safety is ensured. On the other hand, it meant there were no allies around...

"...No choice, gotta move forward."

At times like this, moving alone lowered the possibility of joining up, but in this case, waiting was not an option. Rather, if he doesn't at least hide, his own safety isn't guaranteed. It was an unavoidable move. Eckhart gripped the knife in his right hand and advanced through the grass with a special silent crawl. Fortunately, the dense forest was just right for hiding.

"Damn it, get off..." could be heard amidst the continuous bursts of gunfire from nearby anti-aircraft guns.

Faint complaints of a young soldier reached his ears. It sounded like Sebastian from the 2nd Company, whom he had heard several times before.