Chapter 28 - Eleven Countries Leadership Conference

Again, I went 5.000s words (OG 13.000 characters).

- Sōsaku-ka ZERO rei

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MORNING EDITION

Japan to Participate in First International Conference Post-Transference. What Can Japan Do to Achieve Peace?

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced that Japan will participate in the international conference called the "Eleven Countries Leadership Conference" scheduled for next year.

The Eleven Countries Leadership Conference is an international meeting where the leading eleven countries of the New World gather, held biennially in the port city of Cartalpas in the Holy Mirishial Empire. Regarding participation in the conference, it has been reported that since the beginning of this month, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Leifor Special Region Branch Office has been coordinating with diplomatic officials of the Holy Mirishial Empire. As it is customary for participating countries to dispatch fleets consisting of their latest warships to conduct international gunboat diplomacy, the government plans to send a Maritime Self-Defense Force escort ship to the conference venue.

In this world, where war is constant and hegemonic states proliferate, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs plans to call on representatives of the participating countries to advocate for international peace.

Day 21 Month 5 Year 1641 Central Calendar

Yūhi Shimbun, Japan

. . .

MORNING EDITION

Japanese GPS Network Completed, Aiming for Operation in April

The Cabinet Office's Space Development Strategy Headquarters announced that the Japanese GPS network in the New World has been completed. Four years ago, all artificial satellites were lost due to the transference, rendering satellite-based GPS systems unusable. However, the prospects for resuming GPS use have finally been established.

Around Japan and domestically, GPS was temporarily replaced using positioning through mobile phone base stations, Wi-Fi, and the reactivated ground-based radio navigation system 'LORAN.' However, these alternatives were not available in distant sea areas, leading to multiple accidents where passenger planes and ships navigated incorrectly and became lost. The completion of the Japanese GPS network is expected to resolve this issue.

The Japanese GPS network consists of positioning satellites called "Yukisaki," developed after the Transference. These satellites utilize the technology of the Quasi-Zenith Satellite "Michibiki," launched in the previous world in 2010. A total of 40 satellites have already been launched from Tanegashima Space Center and other locations.

The construction of the Japanese GPS network, carried out at an unusually rapid pace, is aimed to be operational by April, according to the Space Development Strategy Headquarters. The system is intended for navigational use as in the previous world, and its export to other New World countries is also under consideration. Additionally, the Ministry of Defense plans to use it for guiding Self-Defense Force missiles.

Day 8 Month 3 Year 1642 Central Calendar

Yomiyomi Shimbun, Japan

. . .

MORNING EDITION

The Resurrected Battleship: New Destroyer "Yamato" Commissioned. Critics Say It's Obsolete