Part 2 | Chapter 11

The World's Reaction

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the delay in updating. Please wait a bit to reply to my comments on the previous chapter.

- Sōsaku-ka ZERO rei

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Kingdom of Emor located in the Central World is a nation founded by the rare race known as the Dragonfolk. Consequently, most of their members in the world have gathered in this country. As a result, despite having a population of only about a million people, they have become one of the major powers due to their formidable military strength. Dragon City Dragusmakira serves as Emor's capital. Situated near a great river flowing from the natural fortress of the Accen Mountains, the majority of the population resides here.

Now, in the country, there is a ritual called the "Spatial Divination." Its purpose is to examine the presence or absence of significant matters affecting the nation and to eliminate obstacles early on. It boasts an astonishing accuracy rate of 98,4%, bordering more on precognition than mere divination. This divination gathers high-ranking officials of the nation, such as the Dragon King Wagdran. If the contents of the prediction are significant, it could potentially influence even international affairs, making it a crucial ceremony.

"—We seek permission from the gods of space, and henceforth, we shall see into the future."

The diviner Alesthre held in his hands the mana gathered from other sorcerers, emitting a faint red light. As images resembling stars were projected onto the ceiling of the domed castle, Alesthre began the spatial divination.

"—What!? This... it can't be!! ...IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!"

"What's wrong!? What did you see!?"

Upon witnessing Alesthre's dismay, the high-ranking officials, including Wagdran, also displayed signs of anxiety.

"...Sorcerous Empire."

"What!?"

"Are you serious!?"

"Are you sure you didn't misinterpret!?"

Suddenly, the name of the most feared empire in the world is mentioned, causing both the diviners and the officials to become greatly agitated.

"The Ancient Sorcerous Empire... their return is imminent."

"W-what... what does this mean!?"

"Are they going to resurrect!?"

The fearsome Sorcerous Empire, once the ruler of the world, an abomination that brought misfortune to various races, is the enemy of the entire world. They ravaged the elven race because "their flesh was delicious," hunted down the demi-human race because "they were inferior beings," and slaughtered the humans because "they were useless." They were truly arrogant and tyrannical beings. The Dragonfolk also suffered at their hands, facing a crisis of survival merely because "their skin could be used for daily necessities," which eventually led to war. Despite fierce battles, they ultimately succumbed to the Sorcerous Empire's mastery of core magic.

"...They will soon... probably within a few years... appear and bring misfortune to this world..."

"No! To think they would resurrect again..."

"But the results of the divination are certain. We must not dismiss it as rubbish!"

Although the officials were alarmed, they could not simply disregard the results of the spatial divination, and fear spread.