Part 1 | Chapter 1

The Sinful Kingdom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the history of the New World where Japan was summoned, the Gra Valkas Empire was feared as an enemy of the world.

Declaring war on the entire world, it annexed surrounding countries one after another with overwhelming military force, only to be defeated in a naval battle by Japan, another summoned nation, and was driven into a corner.

This Gra Valkas Empire, summoned belatedly, faced a peculiar situation. Whether it was a mistake or due to the impatience of the gods... Japan was summoned to the sea area where the Gra Valkas Empire was originally supposed to be transferred.

This event took place in the Central Calendar Year 1638, on January 15, 2015 AD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 10 Month 2 Year 1638 Central Calendar

Diplomatic Office, Kingdom of Paganda, Western Mu, Second Civilization Area

To the west of Mu, there existed a sinister and arrogant kingdom. This Kingdom of Paganda had a close relationship with Leifor, the fifth-ranked power in the Second Civilization Area, and was utilized as the gateway to his country. Being under the protection of the great powers, the citizens of Paganda were filled with confidence and arrogance, often looking down on other countries due to their high pride.

"Sir Douglas, representatives from an uncivilized country have come to discuss matters."

Martha, a staff member of the Pagandan Diplomatic Office, handed documents to Douglas, a member of the royal family serving as the head of diplomacy.

"The country seeking to establish diplomatic relations is a nation called Japan from outside the civilization area."

"Oh, really? What kind of country is it?"

"They are probably a newly emerging nation. However, it seems they have no knowledge of the situation in the Second Civilization Area and have directly negotiated with Leifor without going through our country. Naturally, after being turned away, they have finally come to us."

A furrow appeared on Douglas' brow. It seemed evident from their attitude that they disregarded not only the diplomatic situation in the Second Civilization Area but even the existence of Paganda itself.

"Are they underestimating our country? Those who govern a nation cannot be unaware of the common sense of the Second Civilization Area..."

Already irritable by nature, Douglas spat out his words crudely. It seemed his mood had worsened further.

"They express a desire to establish diplomatic relations with our country, but... well, it seems we are of lower priority compared to Leifor."

"A country of insolents. I shall personally handle this matter."

With that, Douglas decided, albeit begrudgingly, to meet with the envoy from Japan.

. . .

On the other hand, the Japanese diplomatic delegation had been instructed to wait in the anteroom.

Japan had suddenly been transported to a different world, facing crises in food and fuel supply. While managing with preserved food and rationing fuel, both resources were only expected to last a few months. Despite this dire situation, the establishment of diplomatic relations with the countries of this world was not progressing. Frustrated by the delay, the Japanese Foreign Minister had personally decided to visit.