chapter 29

As Taehyung followed the plants leading him and the group of warriors from the tribe to his love of life, they rode on horses with as much speed as possible. The horses galloped as if their legs were not even touching the ground. The trained horses, along with the skilled warriors, were en route to rescue the prince. Taehyung's heart was restless, thinking about his beloved in danger and scared. Even the thought of his love's fearful eyes was enough to take his life.

The plants led them to a place Taehyung had never expected-Hwando, Taehyung's home, Taehyung's kingdom.

Taehyung's heartbeat quickened as the plants were planted up to the palace, his once-home. With a loudly beating heart, he led his horse to the palace with the warriors, unsheathing his sword and slaying anyone who tried to stop them, as only the thought of his beloved clouded his mind.

Jungkook lay on the floor, his eyes with dark circles, his face two shades paler than normal. He had lost weight, lying like a dead person when he heard the sounds of rustling from outside.

The sound of feet running here and there was clearly heard.

"We are attacked," a worried and fearful voice reached his ear from outside the darkened room where he was held hostage.

"They have attacked us," another voice reached Jungkook's ears, and he didn't even care what happened outside at this point.

"Duhak tribe's warriors have attacked, we're all dead," a maid cried.

Listening to it, Jungkook stood up instantly, a ray of hope rushing inside him. He sat up, tears filling his eyes.

That mad man, fiery Taehyung has attacked. No one will live," another maid cried outside the room of the younger.

Hearing the name of his beloved, Jungkook's facial muscles stretched, and tears streamed down his face. He cried, but smiled.

"You came," he whispered.

Meanwhile, Taehyung and his comrades slew anyone who came in their path to stop them from rescuing his bride.

As Taehyung reached the main gate of the palace, he dismounted from his horse, stepping inside to see someone sitting on the throne-the same throne once belonging to his father and then his mother. And there was the monster, his cousin Kim Yeongnyu, the son of another monster. Like father, like son. Kim Yeongnyu had killed his own father to claim the throne.

"Tsk tsk, look who came to visit his brother," Yeongnyu mocked, standing from the throne.

"Or did he come to visit his lover?" he raised an eyebrow, walking towards Taehyung, who gritted his teeth in response.

"Ahhhhh... Well... He tastes good," he smirked, deliberately poking Taehyung  and it was the last straw for Taehyung.

"You fucking bastard !" Taehyung punched him hard, causing him to start bleeding. His guards moved to retaliate, but were stopped by Yeongnyu.

"Oh, so it's true. The mad dog of the battlefield has fallen in love," he mocked.

Taehyung struggled to control his anger, his fists clenched tightly.

"Where is he?" he gritted his teeth, demanding to know the whereabouts of his fiancé.

"In my room, in my bed," Yeongnyu replied, smirking.

Taehyung punched him again in the face.

"Are you perhaps here for treason?" Yeongnyu accused Taehyung, prompting the army of guards to surround the warriors. Despite their fighting, they were outnumbered.

"Now, now, I will take the love of your life in front of your eyes, Kim Taehyung, just like my father took your mother," Yeongnyu laughed maniacally, while Taehyung struggled to contain his rage. He fought off the guards but was restrained by five others.