chapter 26

As Jungkook finished, Taehyung sighed deeply. The feeling at that fleeting moment was indescribable. Without saying anything, he grabbed the nape of the younger's neck and pulled him towards his chest while the younger basked in the love of his beloved. He was still a little embarrassed, recounting the saga of his love to his beloved.

Taehyung nuzzled into the neck of the younger, whose breath hitched. "I have been a total asshole to you," he muttered under his breath and then pulled away from the younger, only to draw him into a desperate kiss.

He chased the younger's lips after ending the kiss. "I... Love you, Gukkie, so damn much," he admitted and kissed the younger again, who had his hands on Taehyung's bare shoulders.

"My mom, she used to love dancing, and that's why I used to go to the bank of the river where someone danced so gracefully. I still can't believe it was you... It has always been you, Jungkook, always," he admitted.

While Jungkook smiled, not finding words to explain his feelings. "That's why the ringing sound of your anklets sounds so familiar," he added, taking Jungkook's feet in his hands and then kissing his anklet, his lips tracing the skin of the younger, while Jungkook's breath hitched, he deeply sighed. "Thank you so much, my doll, thank you so much," he added and again took the younger in his embrace.

Nestled in each other's embrace, they lay beneath the embrace of night, the sounds of crickets surrounded them, and the flickering  lanterns were lit, being the only source of light through which they could see each other in the darkness, their shadow casted on the walls of the chamber

"If I ask you... what happened with you four years back, would you answer?" Taehyung asked, caressing the back of the younger, while   the younger, resting his head on the elder's bare arm, felt a surge of emotions flood his heart, mingling with a mixture of hesitation.

Jungkook stiffened for a moment, which was well observed by Taehyung, and then answered, "Don't wanna tell right now," Jungkook muttered just above a whisper and snuggled into the elder's chest. Understanding the situation of the younger, Taehyung didn't ask further and kissed the temple of the prince with love.

As the morning sun painted their chamber  in hues of gold, Jungkook stirred from his slumber, greeted by the weight of his beloved resting on his chest. In that tender moment, he felt an overwhelming sense of contentment wash over him, as he welcomed himself into a reality not less than any fantasy . With a soft smile, he pressed a gentle kiss to the crown of Taehyung's head, Yes, now Taehyung is his, Taehyung loves him too. Now he is the fiancé of the elder, he hide his face beneath his palms  in shyness, while his teeth grabbed his lips in a weird kind of excitement. He just wanted to squeal and scream somewhere.

Coming out of his thoughts, he kept Taehyung's head on the pillow and left for his morning routine.

A chiming sound of a bell interrupted him as he came out of the bathroom, freshly bathed, his long hair wet. He ran to the door of the chamber as he didn't want Taehyung to wake up this early. He drew the curtains and opened the door just to meet Jimin standing there, coming to Jungkook like every day to dress him and get him ready for the day.

"Greetings, Your  Royal Highness," he bowed, to which Jungkook bowed back, wishing him too.

"Um, Jimin hyung... I can dress today by myself," Jungkook said a bit panicked.

Jimin squinted his eyes; the young prince was suspicious today.

"Your Royal Highness, you are forgetting that you don't know how to dress up, and even if you try, you cannot comb and braid your hair this much long," Jimin informed, shaking his head, and tried to enter the chamber.