chapter 25

"Oh, it's embarrassing," Jungkook said while hiding his face behind his palms.

"Doll, tell me... I really, really want to know," Taehyung said, taking Jungkook's hand from his face in his hands and then kissing the back of the younger's hands.

"Something bad happened to me almost four years back," Jungkook started telling the story. Taehyung frowned; he wanted to ask what bad happened, but before he could ask, Jungkook continued.

Three years back:

"His Royal Highness, let's sneak out," Jimin suggested one day, looking at the gloomy prince who once used to laugh. It's been a year since the little prince went out of his chamber; he silently sits in one place, looking at the trees in his garden all day.

Listening to the idea, the prince's face showed fright.

"N...no," the prince shook his head frantically in fear.

"He is in jail, my prince. There is nothing to worry about, and moreover, a new guard is appointed by His Highness. Nothing bad will happen from now on. You are going to be happy, my prince. You have to be," Jimin almost broke down at the end, but Jungkook is still scared to get out of the safe place.

And like this, another day passed, another unsuccessful attempt of Jimin to make the prince forget all the harrowing memories.

"His Royal Highness, an Indian princess Suriratna (later Heo Hwang-uk) married King Suro of the Gaya kingdom a few months back," one day Jimin came to inform Jungkook, who frowned. "Indo?" he asked.

"Yes, His Royal Highness, and she is teaching some different style of dancing in our kingdom to some people. Do you... would you like to go and learn?" Jimin asked as he knows how much the younger loves the art of dancing. He has been learning since childhood; he finds solace in dancing.

Listening to this, Jungkook's eyes filled with excitement and thrill, but suddenly it was masked with fear.

"His Royal Highness, listen to your aide for this one time, please. I have been serving you for years, and for the very first time, I am asking something from you," Jimin almost pleaded.
.
.

.
.

"Ok," Jungkook answered in a low voice after quite sometime , not finding courage to deny jimin's request and Jimin was beyond happy that he wanted to cry right now; maybe now the younger will move on from the past unpleasant memories because the past is not meant to live in, right?

Soon Jimin and Jungkook snuck out of the palace with Yoongi besides them.

They entered an open hall near the bank of the Yalu River, where a very beautiful princess was teaching a different style of dance to little girls and boys. Jungkook looked at her in awe and fascination, as he saw the dance he read about in books coming into life.

The princess was spinning, and then with the end of the music, she stopped abruptly, breathing heavily. Jungkook clapped loudly for her; he was starstruck. The princess smiled looking at Jungkook. She might be almost 8-9 years older than him.

"May I know how I got a chance to behold the face of the prettiest prince of Goguryeo?" she asked, moving towards Jungkook. The surrounding echoed with the beautiful voice of the anklet of the princess as she walked to Jungkook, who was amazed as to how the princess got to know about him when he didn't even introduce himself to her.

"I beseech thee to accept my humble reverence, for I am Jeon Jungkook.," Jungkook bowed to her in respect; maybe his status is higher than hers, but he respects all his elders; he doesn't go with the sense of entitlement unlike some royals.