Chapter 66

Kate pov...

I wake up and want to snuggle up to Chris. But he is not there... Yesterday was a busy and emotional day even more so than the day before that... The day before that we had told Lisa about the baby. She was over the moon. We had a lovely dinner with her, and it was nice making plans to go shopping with her. She was so happy... It was nice to see her all smiles and happy. She was so excited for another grand baby. Our baby is going to be so lucky to have her as a grandma. I was thinking of asking her to come along to the gender reveal ultrasound. I still had to talk to Chris about it but i dont think he would object. I think she would love that... I just wanted her to be a part of it as much as possible. Me not having a family of my own, i found it a nice thought.  Lisa always has been the mother i never had, sort of...

Yesterday we went and told the rest... Just to get it over with as i did not want to do it to Lisa to have to keep it a secret... Chris asked like a hundred times if i was sure and i told him a hundred times i was. You could see Lisa was way too excited to keep it to herself for too long... I found it cruel to ask her to keep it to herself... So, we went and told the others. Going on some sort of tour around friends and family... Meaning Chris his brother and sister... And Tara of course. To our surprise everybody already kind of figured out that Chris and i were together again. Chris his sisters and brother were so happy... It was a bit overwhelming but nice. Nobody talked about the past of said we were making a mistake... They were all just happy for us... I felt no judgement whatsoever... When we told them we were expecting they exploded... I think i lost some hearing and Scott squeezed the living day out of me to a point Chris had to tell him to let me go... Carly and Shanna were in tears, setting me off and we all cried together. This baby was going to be so blessed growing up in this family... 

Tara had been another story... She had figured out we were together. She had been a little stand offish about it maybe even cold and detached. The words she uttered where: Well, if you guys are happy... I am happy... But you could see she was not really feeling it. There was no warmth in her voice... She tried her best to stay civil but when we told her we were pregnant, she did not take it well... She found it too soon we just had gotten back together. Thought it was irresponsible of us and just plain stupid. That i could not replace Simon with a new baby... 

We cut the visit short and left not long after telling our news. I had been a mess coming home. I could not stop crying and i was just so emotional. Chris to... He could not understand why she was not happy for us. We knew a lot had happened in the past but if we could get passed that... Why not her. Maybe because she was in the middle of it all and i always had been really sorry for that but still... I had forgiven Chris. I was happy... Chris was happy... So why was she not happy... Maybe she just needs some time to adjust to it all... Who knows... I had cried myself to sleep in Chris his arms... But one thing i knew for sure... She was wrong... Chris and i were good... We are happy that we are having a baby and we both matured and i had confidence that we would make it this time. 

I look at the time and groan as it is already 11 in the morning... I slept for like 10 hours. Just as i am about to get up the door opens. Chris appears with Dodger in tow... He is carrying a tray, on his arm is dangling a gift bag... I am confused, it is not my birthday... Chris has the biggest smile on his face and i sit up... 

"What is all this?" I ask and he smirks... But Chris does not say a thing and just puts the tray down in front of me... He leans down and kisses me while Dodger jumps on the bed and only then i see he is carrying something to... "Happy Mother's Day, sweetheart..." He says and i look at him stunned... It had never occurred to me that today was Mother's Day. He just smiles and kisses me again... "Mother's Day...?" I mumble and he nods... I look down at my fingers... "But..." I start to say but he puts his finger under my chin and makes me look up... He kisses me again... "No but's... You are a mother... So happy Mother's Day..." He says and kisses me again. 

"Thank you..." I whisper as i tear up... Dodger nudges us and i smile... "Dodger got you something to..." Chris says and now gets the biggest smile on his face... Chris takes the bag from him and hands it to me. I wipe away my tears and smile... I pat his head and give him some scratches behind his ears. "Open it..." Chris says all excited and i chuckle... I open it and smile... It is a frame with a paw print in it... "He made it all on his own..." Chris says smirking and i laugh... "Oh wauw Dodger... All on your own huh..." I say and kiss his head... I get a dog kiss back and smile... "I love it... Thank you, sweetie..." I coo at him, and Dodger wags his tail with his tongue out... 

"This is from me..." Chris says and hands me his gift... I smile and kiss him... "I dont know what to say... You are spoiling me..." I whisper and Chris smiles... "No need to say anything, sweetheart... You deserve to be spoiled... Just open it..." He says and i can see he is trying to contain his excitement. 

I open the gift and i am a little confused... It is another frame... With a little hand and footprint... "They are Simon's..." He whispers and i look at him in shock... I just can't believe it... There they are in blue ink... A little hand and footprint... "How?" I ask and Chris takes in a deep sharp breath... "I called the hospital... I remember that ma once said that they take foot and handprints of all the babies that are born for their files or something... So, i just made a few calls..." He said and i tear up... Soon the tears are streaming down my face as i look at the picture frame... "These are really Simon's?" I whisper and look up at Chris again... "Yes, sweetheart... They are really Simon's..." He says and i lose it and start to sob... Chris wraps me in his arms and holds me tight... 

"Thank you..." I manage to croak out and Chris holds me even tighter as i start to sob even harder...