Chapter 34

Chris pov...

"I think we should have a little chat..." I whisper as i finally had calmed Kate down by kissing her again and again... I had pulled her in my lap sitting on the floor. She looks up at me and nods... I smile and can't resist and kiss her again... But as i want to pull back she won't let me her hand in my neck as she deepens the kiss... I groan into the kiss and wrap my arms around her holding her close... 

"Fuck... Just as good as i remember..." I mumble as we come up for air... She blushes and i put a lock of her hair behind her ear... "Why did you want to leave sweetheart?" I ask and she blushes and looks away... "You didn't say anything after we kissed..." She mumbles and i smile as she has gone all shy all of a sudden... "Neither did you..." I whisper and she sighs... "You didn't kiss me again..." She mumbles and i take in a sharp breath... "I didn't know if you wanted me to..." I whisper and she looks up at me with those beautiful eyes... 

"I wanted you to..." She whispers blushing and i smile and lean in hovering my lips over hers... "You did?" I ask and she takes in a short sharp breath... "Yes..." She says softly... The way she sounds, so sultry and sweet sends shivers down my spine... "Do you want me to kiss you now?"  I ask smiling a little... "Yes..." She says in a soft hoarse whisper her eyes never leaving mine and now i see nothing but adoration... I smile lean in and give her a soft kiss... Just a soft short kiss... A little tease...

"Another one..." She whispers in this soft sweet tone and i smile and kiss her again... When we break the kiss, she softly smiles. "Better?" I ask and she nods blushing... "Can i ask you something?" I whisper and she nods... "You dont have to answer if you dont want to... I dont want you to feel pressured..." I whisper and she puts her hand on my cheek and kisses me again. I close my eyes enjoying her touch and lips on mine... "What is it?" She asks me and i sigh... I am going to ask it... I am going to ask the question i had been too scared to ask after that first kiss... 

"What does this all mean? I am a little confused... Maybe even a little scared..." I whisper and hold my breath as i am so scared for what she is going to say... "Chris... I dont know... I am scared and confused to." She whispers and i give her a little smile... "Chris... I dont know where this is going... I am a mess and right now... I dont think i can make promises to you... Can we just... Take it day by day..." She whispers but before i can even answer she continues... "I understand if that is not what you want to hear... I can leave if you want me to... I know it is not fair to you that...." She whispers and i shake my head cutting her off holding her tighter...

"Please dont leave... Please... I dont want you to leave... We just need to communicate better... But i dont want you to leave... Please dont leave... We will take it day by day... I will take it hour by hour... Minute by minute if that is what you need... But please give us a chance... I promise that i will be by your side no matter what life throws at us... I will never leave your side again... Through thick and thin... But please... I need you... I lost you once before... It was the biggest mistake of my life... If there is even a sliver of a chance... Please...  I can wait for you as long as you need me to..." I whisper pleading with her... Begging her, as i am not above that... Not anymore... 

"I won't leave... I am sorry... I just panicked..." She whispers and i hold her tighter... "I understand... Dont be sorry..." I mumble and she sighs and put her hands on my face lifting my head to look at her as i had buried my face in her neck... 

"We both were just scared and being idiots by not talking earlier..." She whispers and i chuckle and nod... She kisses me again and cuddles into me and i can hear her yawn... "Let me get you into bed..." I say and stand up with her in my arms making her let out a little yelp. "Dont worry sweetheart... I will never drop you..." I say smirking as she is dangling in my arms... 

"Chris...?" She whispers looking at me a little unsure... "Yeah?" I say smiling... "Can i sleep with you tonight?" She says blushing, catching me off guard and i feel my heart skip a beat... "Ye- Yeah... Of course... Do... Do you want to sleep here? Or in my room?" I ask stuttering like a teenage boy, and she shrugs her shoulders... "Your room is fine..." She whispers and i smile... "Come on bud..." I tell Dodger who had been asleep on the bed while Kate and i talked... Kate smiles... "He was like a kid with divorced parents switching between rooms at night..." She whispers and i laugh as i carry her to my room... "He really likes you..." I say and this makes her smile... 

She smiles as i carry her to my bed and gently put her down... "Which side do you want to sleep?" I ask all nervous and she smiles... "What is your side?" She asks me and i point to the other side... She smiles and crawls further on the bed and i have to push all these filthy thoughts down as i have a perfect view of her ass... She crawls under the sheets and makes herself comfortable... I smile as she just looks like she belongs... Dodger jumps up and cuddles into her... Yep... Perfection... I turn off all the lights before getting into bed to... "You want to cuddle?" I ask a little unsure and she chuckles... "If i didn't want to cuddle i could have stayed in the guestroom..." She whispers and scooches over. I hold out my arm for her and let her cuddle into me... Dodger looks up at me and huffs... He stands up and gets closer to Kate before laying back down. Kate smiles as she pats his head... "Good boy..." She whispers and yawns again... "Let's get some sleep sweetheart..." I whisper and kiss her forehead... She hums with her eyes closed and a big smile on her face, looking absolutely adorable... 

I watch her... I watch her fall asleep as i run my fingers up and down her arm over her soft skin... She looks so peaceful... So beautiful, even asleep... I just watch her... I am scared that if i close my eyes she will disappear... That i will wake up and this is all a dream... When i look up i see Dodger looking at me tilting his head... I chuckle... "I know bud... Aren't we lucky..." I whisper before finally daring to close my eyes and slowly drifting off to sleep...