Chapter 59

Kate pov...

I sigh and look around the house... Chris is at work and i feel a little lost... Yesterday he had shown me around and the house was massive compared to the house in Arizona... Chris showed me around and i had to admit... It was nice... I just found the place a little... Much... It was so open with these big windows everywhere. With the talk about the paparazzi yesterday, i just did not feel at ease with these big windows. 

This whole house made me feel uncomfortable... It is too big... To bare... Dodger loves it here... A big yard and plenty of room to run around the house. I just feel out of place... Or maybe it is the fact that i am here alone... I think to myself. I sigh... No that is not it... Yesterday i did not feel at home either... I loved laying on the couch with Chris, relaxing and all but the house still felt cold. 

I sigh and close the curtains. They dont block the light but it gives me the feeling nobody can look inside. I walk around wondering what to do... I just feel uneasy and i try to read but can't get into it... I try to take a nap with Dodger but i can't fully fall asleep. I decide to play the piano for a bit. Ever since Chris had been teaching me it would calm me down... But today... No luck... 

My phone dings and it is Chris asking me how i am holding up. I tell him i was fine. No need to worry him. He already feels guilty enough that i cant come with him... I can... But it is to risky... I can understand it but i am not happy about it. I just feel incomplete without him. 

God i am pathetic... Normal couples dont see each other during the day... I can't expect to be around him 24/7. In Arizona i was on set but he was not with me... Maybe it was too quiet in this house. Maybe the fact there was always noise on set i what makes it feel so weird now. 

I walk to the bedroom and chuckle as Dodger is laying on the bed. "Well at least you are comfy..." I mumble and i look in the mirror... I sigh as i look like a freaking homeless person... With nothing else to do i decide to treat myself to a little home spa day. I take a long hot shower, scrubbing every inch of my body and shaving myself all over... Smooth like a baby... I think to myself as i let my hands run over my legs... An idea pops in my head seeing as Chris probably will be exhausted tonight when he comes home. So i am going to cook him a nice dinner... Dress up and pamper him...  A date sort of thing... But then in the comfort of his home... 

I pamper myself first. Taking my time with face masks and doing my make up. I then spend an hour figuring out what to wear... I have plenty of new clothes. Some of it so fancy that i had not worn it yet.  My eyes fall on the dress Chris had insisted i buy... Well, he bought it but i had seen the dress and loved it. But i had not wanted to buy it as i did not know when i would wear it. 

But right now, i am happy about it. I had only tried it on to see if it fits... It looked amazing on me back then. I am not showing yet but i think i have grown a bit... The dress is a tight dress so who knows... But to my surprise it still fits... It is a little tighter but i think it looks even nicer. I smile and look through Chris his clothes and put together an outfit for him to wear... I am going to fully commit to this in house date thing... We cant go out so i think this is a nice option.

I take the heels that go with them to the kitchen to put them on when Chris gets home. I put on some music and i let out a sigh. I go through the fridge... I have to admit Chris having an assistant has it perks as the fridge was fully stocked. 

I start cooking singing along with the music. I had killed a lot of time with getting ready. But that is okay. I still have enough time to cook a nice dinner. Dodger begs to be led outside so i open the sliding doors... He runs out and i smile leaving the doors open. The fresh air comes in and this improves my mood even more. 

Chris texts every now and then and when he says he is on his way home i had just put the food in the oven. It is nothing special. Jus lasagna with salade on the side but i hope the whole ambiance is making it fancier. I had found some candles and had set the table. I change the music and the lighting to make it more romantic. I look around and smile... I was proud of myself and hope Chris would like it... He deserves it. He has been so good to me. He deserves to be spoiled for a night... He deserves to be spoiled more often. I make a mental note to do these kinds of things more often. 

I just hope he is not to tired or not up for it... Maybe i should have asked... No... than it would not be a surprise anymore... I check myself in the mirror to see if everything is still like it supposed to be... I pull the zipper of the dress down a little bit to have a little bit more cleavage. This is the first time since i have been with Chris that i had dolled up and i have to admit it feels great... I feel sexy and more confident... 

I hear the front door and my heart starts to race... Chris calls out for me and i take a deep breath and make my way to the front door...