Chapter 42

Chris pov...

Kate and i had a long hard talk about kids and the future... But it was a good talk... To hear her say that she might not ever be able to have kids again made me so mad... Not at her... But at that asshole for what he did... Not only did he kill their baby, but he might have killed her chance to have another in the future. I hate that man from the depth of my soul... But i kept my composure because the last thing i wanted was Kate thinking i was mad at her... She needed support... A shoulder to cry on... Not me being angry at someone who was not even here...

But i meant every word when i told her it would be okay. It does not matter. I want her and if that means we will never have kids, or we will have to adopt... I am okay with that... She could not tell me details as she had been so out of it when they told her... So, when she was ready... We would go to the doctor to see as to why... We both had a good cry... It was just heartbreaking to hear her think i would leave her over this... I understand why she was scared. It is not like my past had shown i had her back when it would get tough... But i was going to show her that i would be here for her... That i was not going to let her go again... Do i want kids... Yes... Do i care how... No... But if it will never happen i will be fine. As long as i got Kate... I will be okay... We can have puppies... Lots of puppies... But i do see kids in our future... God that is a nice daydream... A future with Kate and our future kids...

She was taking a shower now while i was cleaning up the kitchen. I had told her that she made breakfast and i would clean up. While she showered. I had called the cops. I wanted to know if they had any idea where the bastard is... I got a frustrating answer. They were still looking... It was pissing me off... They act like this man is freaking Houdini with his disappearing act. 

They wanted to know if Kate was up for an interview... I told them i would talk with Kate about it, even if didn't really want to... I had just finished cleaning the kitchen when Kate walked in... I look at her my jaw almost on the floor... I was planning on talking to her, about talking to the police but i forget in an instant seeing her. She smirks... She is just wearing my Patriots hoodie... Nothing else... "Fuuu... uuuck..." I hum licking my lips looking her up and down and she giggles... "Something wrong...?" She asks all innocent biting her lower lip, looking absolutely adorable... 

I walk over to her and stand in front of her. I shamelessly let my eyes roam down her body... "You are wearing my favorite hoodie, sweetheart..." I say in a low husk tone... She giggles... "Is it...? Shocker..." She says in a soft whisper a little twinkle in her eyes and i grin... "You want it back?" She says pouting at me... "No... No... You keep it, sweetheart... It looks better on you..." I say and she giggles... "Okay..." She says batting her eyes at me before walking around me... I can't keep my eyes off of her and i groan as she stands on her toes to get a mug from the top shelf. The hoodie rides up and her perfect ass peaks out... My whole body involuntarily reacts, my dick twitches in my pants...

I can hear her giggle. She knows what she is doing and i smile as the playful Kate comes out more and more... I am not saying she is 100 % back to her normal self. She will not be for a long time... Maybe not ever... But she is going to come out of this on top and stronger... I truly believe she will be happy again one day... Really happy... I just want to be part of the reason that she is... I know that i will be happy as long as she is by my side. 

I walk up to her as she is making tea. I can't resist her... How can i resist her... She is looking like a wet dream... I put my hands on her hips and move her braid to the side as i plant a kiss in her neck... She moves her head to the side giving me better access... "You are driving me crazy..." I mumble and she giggles... "Who...? Me...? I am not doing anything... Just making tea..." She says acting all innocent... 

"Just tea... huh..." I say and move my hands from her hips to her ass... "Soooo... This is not your naked ass in my hands..." I growl giving it a little squeeze and she giggles pushing her ass back. "Well... I didn't put your hands on my ass..." She whispers and i smirk... "Oh but how can i resist... How can i resist not grabbing it, as you walk around looking all sexy in my shirt and no underwear... Your ass is begging to be grabbed, sweetheart... I am a weak man... I cannot resist..." I growl and she giggles. 

"You will find a way..." She whispers and wriggles her way out of my grip with her cup of tea all the while giggling and leaving me stunned for a second... I watch her walk away and swaying her hips a little more than usual... She is doing this on purpose... I watch her walk to the living room. I shake my head and chuckle... "Such a tease..." I mumble to myself. 

I sigh and let out a groan... I want to join her as i watch her get comfortable on the couch with a book but then my phone rings... I answer with my eyes still pinned on Kate... "Evans..." I grumble a little annoyed for the interruption... It is my manager and i snap out of it and put my focus on the phone call... She calls with details about the roll i had accepted... Or Kate had accepted for me... After half an hour with talking over the details we finally hang up and when i look back at Kate i chuckle as she is fully caught up in her book. 

I walk over to her and give her a quick kiss... "I am going to take a shower..." I say and she smiles giving me a quick nod and going back to her book... I walk to the bedroom and when i am in the shower i smirk, as an idea pops into my head... I can play dirty to... So, when i am done i walk into my closet and grab my grey sweatpants... "Game on..." I mumble as i put them on, no underwear, no shirt...