Chapter 65

Chris pov...

"Ma!" I yell as we walk into the house. Kate jumps as she gets startled by my yelling... "Sorry..." I say and she chuckles... She looks around and smiles... "Good to know that some things never change..." She says still a warm smile on her face... "Nothing has changed...? I think it has changed..." I say looking around knowing ma had renovated last year... She shakes her head and points to the wall... The wall with all the photos. She walks to the wall with photos and smiles... "She never removed it..." She whispers looking at a picture... I smile and walk up to her... "No... Ma refused..." I say and i can see a tear run down Kate's cheek. "Please dont cry, sweetheart..." I whisper and pull her into a hug... "Hormones..." She whispers and i chuckle. 

"There they are..." We hear and we turn around to see ma walking up to us with a big smile... But that smile quickly disappears... "Oh no! Why are you crying..." Ma says looking worried and she then focusses on me... "Chris why is she crying!" Ma says giving me a look that makes me shiver... 

Before i can even answer Kate does and points at the picture... "Because of that..." She whispers and ma looks to where she is pointing. I chuckle as ma relaxes and steps closer to look at the picture... "I love that picture... Good times..." She says and takes the picture of the wall... 

"You guys were so innocent back then... So, in love..." Ma sighs looking at the picture with a soft loving expression... Kate and i both smile... "Just like now..." Ma says with the biggest smile on her face and we both smile back at her. 

"Okay... Okay..." Ma says putting the picture back... "Let's go to the kitchen before i start to turn into a sentimental old lady..." Ma says putting the picture back and i chuckle. "To late..." I mumble and immediately get punched on both sides by ma and Kate... "Auw!" I say rubbing both my shoulders. 

We walk to the kitchen. Ma and Kate, walk arm in arm and i smile as they chat and laugh... They seem to pick up right where they left off like nothing ever happened. I can't help but have the biggest smile on my face. This feels just right... So right... Kate fits... Kate fits with my family... With our friends... With me... "Chris?" Ma says and i snap out of my thoughts... "Hmm... What?" I say and they both chuckle. "Do you want something to drink?" Ma says and i nod... "You ladies keep chatting i will fix us something to drink..." I say and sit ma down next to Kate...

"What would you ladies like?" I say standing behind the kitchen island as if i am a bartender... "Let's be bad and have a glass of wine before dinner to celebrate you guys being back home..." Ma says and i smirk and look at Kate... "No wine for me, I'll take some iced tea if you have it, please..." Kate says and i wink at her knowing that this is the perfect moment... "Aaaahw come on... Just one glass..." Ma says and Kate blushes and shakes her head... "No sorry... I can't..." She says and i can't help it but i get the biggest smirk on my face as it does not seem to click for ma... 

"Okay... I got you your favorite wine though..." Ma says pouting and Kate chuckles before looking at me and i nod... "That is really sweet and i really appreciate it... But it has to wait like 6/7 months..." She says and opens her purse taking out the ultrasound picture and handing it to ma... Ma's eyes grow wide as she looks at it... "Wait... Hold on... What?!" Ma says looking at the picture in shock... I walk over to Kate and put my arm around her shoulder as we both watch ma letting it sink in... 

Ma looks up at us with tears in her eyes... "You're pregnant?" She asks as a tear runs down her cheek... "15 weeks..." Kate whispers and leans into me as the emotions are getting to her to... I can't stop smirking... "You guys are going to have a baby..." Ma whispers and i nod... "Yes..." I say and she looks up at me... "You are going to be a dad..." She says tears now streaming down her face and i am really struggling to keep my own tears at bay. "Yes..." I say clearing my throat and ma stands up... Kate lets me go as ma hugs her... "You are going to be a mom again..." She whispers and this is enough to set Kate of. I love the way ma framed it... Again... She is going to be a mom again... Acknowledging the fact that she already is a mother even if Simon is not here with us... 

They both cry for a moment before ma lets her go and pulls me into a hug... "Finally, a dad... Your dreams finally coming true..." Ma whispers as i hug her back. I am crying now to. I look at Kate who is also sobbing and i pull her into the hug. "This is such wonderful news..." Ma says and pulls back cupping Kate's face and looking at her... "How are you feeling, sweetheart..." She asks her and Kate smiles. "I am okay now. The morning sickness was no fun, but it has gotten better..." Kate says and ma chuckles before looking at me... "You better take good care of her, you hear... Whatever she wants... She gets..." Ma says giving me a stern look and i chuckle... "Oh dont worry i am going to spoil her rotten..." I say smirking and out of the corner of my eye i can see Kate roll hers... 

I just wink at her, and she shakes her head with a smile on her face... She has a hard time with accepting being spoiled. It sometimes makes me wonder what on earth her ex did when she was pregnant with Simon. It only makes me more determined to make this pregnancy more memorable and as comfortable as possible... God knows she deserves it... Seeing the smile on her face every time i do, is so worth it. 

Ma looks at the picture again... The biggest smile on her face. I pour her a glass of wine and Kate and i some iced tea. Ma and Kate fall in a conversation about the baby and i just listen and smile... This is amazing... So amazing... I can't believe how lucky i am...