Chapter 54

Chris pov...

The day goes by so slow... I had quickly checked up between scenes on Kate, but she had been sleeping... Out like a light... I did not want to wake her up. She could use all the sleep she could get... She was growing a human after all... What i remember from my sister that takes a lot of energy... That and with all the emotions, she is probably exhausted. I feel sad that she did not tell me right away, but i can understand. 

What i did not see coming was the fact that apparently the baby she lost was not biological from her ex... I can't imagine what Kate went through to get pregnant only for the asshole to take the baby away from her... It only makes me hate him more... He is not a man... But just an insecure piece of shit... 

He needs to be locked up... He needs to be gone before Kate is going to show. I am scared if it leaks that she is pregnant that he will go crazy and will pop up... Of one thing i am sure... I am going to do everything i can to protect Kate and my baby... I just wish i could have done it for Simon... I would have embraced him like my own. I would have loved him like he was mine... I just can't understand why he did what he did... Biology or not... It was going to be his son... He agreed to using a donor... I push these thoughts out of my mind as it is only upsetting me more and i just want to focus on the good news. 

God i am going to spoil Kate so much... She is going to want for nothing. I am going to make sure that she is stress free and comfortable... To make sure she is going to enjoy this pregnancy as much as she can... I make a mental note to call my accountant to arrange a second credit card to my account so that Kate can buy whatever she wants for herself or the baby... I am going to do some research and get her the best doctors... Ones that will not be wrong and will be getting to the bottom of everything... I want a doctor who will take his time for her and reassure her whenever she needs him to... Because hearing her say that she can't lose this baby was heart breaking. I can't imagine losing a baby and although i know she did not lose Simon naturally, i was going to make sure she would have the best chance to carry to term. 

God she is pregnant... Is it soon... Probably... Do i care... No... We are going to have a baby... I am going to have a baby with the love of my life... God i am so happy... I could see the love in her eyes talking about the baby... She is happy about it. Even if she was scared and not sure how to tell me, she was happy about it... 

"What is up with you?" Seb says pulling me out of my thoughts... We are waiting for the scene to be set up again as one of the extra's had tripped, and the scene was ruined... It was hillarioush though... "What?" I ask and he looks at me raising an eyebrow... "You are day dreaming..." He says and i chuckle... "Kate okay?  She looked a little pale..." He says and i try to keep my face in check. "Yeah, she is fine... Just a little under the weather... She is sleeping now..."I say, and he nods... "Anything i can do?" He asks and i shake my head... "She just needs rest... I just wish we could get this scene wrapped up so i can take her home..." I say and Seb chuckles... "What?!" I ask and he shakes his head again... "I like this side of you... All domesticated..." He says grinning and i roll my eyes... 

"Yeah well... Kate is worth it..." I say blushing and just as Seb is about to say something we get called to get back into place... After 3 more takes we are finally wrapping up for the day. Seb and i go back to wardrobe to change and i say goodbye to Seb before going to Kate's trailer. I smile as i walk in to find Kate in the exact spot i left her. She is still sleeping with Dodger protectively lying next to her... "Good boy... Looking after momma..." I whisper patting his head. I wonder if he knows... He probably does as dogs have a sense for these kinds of things. I gather Kate's stuff and put them in her bag before waking her up. She is a little groggy looking around her confused... "Let's go home..." I say and she nods looking all sleepy... 

I grab her shoes and kneel in front of her putting them on. She looks at me blushing as i tie her shoes. I help her up and she gives me a sweet kiss... "I still can put on my own shoes, you know..." She whispers and i chuckle... "I know you can... Just want to take care of you..." I whisper back and she hugs me... "I am going to spoil you so much..."I murmur kissing the top of her head and she chuckles... 

I take her hand and we walk out and towards the waiting car. Dodger is strutting along. I make a mental not to ask my assistant to walk him if she is not feeling well... To check in on her when i can to see if she needs anything. Maybe i should talk with her about it all... I dont want to be overbearing. I want her comfortable and i dont want to be suffocating. Her comfort... That is all that matters to me... 

I open the car door and Dodger jumps in first. Kate follows and i sit down next to her... "Can we pick up some pizza..." She whispers and i look at her... "You want pizza again?" I ask and she blushes and nods... I smile and kiss the back of her hand... "You want pizza, you get pizza..." I say and she smiles and lays her head on my shoulder... 

"How are you feeling, sweetheart?" I ask her and she smiles... "I am good... The nausea is not as bad in the evening..." She whispers and she laces her hand with mine... "Are you happy?" She asks and i get the biggest smile on my face and squeeze her hand. "So happy..." I whisper and she looks up at me... I lean in and kiss her... "Are you happy?" I ask and she smiles... "I am... Just scared..." She whispers and i kiss her again... "I promise you, sweetheart... I will do whatever i can to keep you and the little one, happy and healthy..." I say and she hums... "I am glad you know... I am sorry for thinking you would be mad..." She whispers and i smile... "Dont worry about it, sweetheart... You told me now... It will all be okay..." I say and she blushes. 

About an hour later we are back at the house with our pizza's... We sit on the couch. Kate all wrapped up in the blankets. She looks so relaxed all bundled up, a big smile on her face as she eats her pizza. God i can't wait to see her grow... She is going to look beautiful... I am going to be a dad... I could not be happier.