Chapter 46

Kate pov...

My eyes grow wide as the car drives onto an airstrip. When we left it was still dark out but the sun is coming up turning the sky orange... A plane appears... Once again i get reminded that Chris his life has changed a lot. When it is just the two of us it is not hard to forget that he is like this big star... To me he is just Chris... But now... Now i get reminded that he has come a long way... 

"We are flying private?" I whisper looking at him in shock. He smiles, takes my hand in his and kisses the back of it. "Yes." He says and i blush... "It is part of my contract..." He says and i take a deep breath and look at the plane again. The car comes to a still and a man walks up to the car and lets Chris out. Dodger is excited, jumps over me and gets out to. I guess he is used to this. Chris holds out his hand and i scoot to the exit. I take his hand, and he helps me out... I look at the plane... I feel a little overwhelmed by it all as Chris leads me to the plane and up the stairs... Dodger has already run up the stairs. I guess he is really used to all this whereas i feel a bit out of my depth. People are running around getting our bags and i guess doing the last of the checkups before takeoff... It is a bit weird to have them running around so they can fly just two people and a dog to Arizona. 

"You, okay?" Chris asks as we enter the plane and i look around as if i am in some sort of new world... "Yeah... Just a little nervous" I whisper blushing but before Chris can respond to that we get interrupted... "Mr. Evans... Mrs. Evans... I am Tammy i will take care of you this flight... Please take a seat and i will go over the safety briefing in a moment. Once we are in the air i will serve you breakfast..." A chirpy woman says approaching us... I just look at her stunned... Mrs. Evans? I think to myself. Chris does not bat an eye. Maybe he has not noticed... "Thank you..." He says to her and then leads me to a seat. Dodger is already sitting across from us and laying down... 

"You want to sit by the window?" He asks me and i just nod as i am still stunned... We sit down and after a short safety briefing the pilot tells us to fasten our seatbelt. I grab Chris his hand as the plane starts to move and he kisses my temple. "It will be okay..." He whispers and i let out a sigh. "I know..." I whisper back and i look out the window as the plane picks up speed... I am amazed at how calm Dodger is while the plane takes off... He does not seem phased whatsoever. Soon we are up in the air and i relax. Tammy comes by with a luxury breakfast. It all looks so good but i am just not hungry. But i force myself to at least eat something. 

When we are done, and Tammy had taken away everything Chris puts up the arm rest between us and puts his arm around me. I snuggle into him and soon i feel my eyes get heavy and i doze off... 

"Kate, sweetheart... You need to wake up..." I hear while gently being shaken... I open my eyes and sit up confused. I guess i fell in a deeper sleep than intended... "I slept the whole way?" I ask and Chris kisses me grinning. "Yes..." He says and i blush... "I am sorry..." I whisper but Chris chuckles and kisses me again... "No worries... It was adorable..." He says and in playfully shove him. "I am not adorable..." I say pouting and Chris grins... "You're not?" He asks and i shake my head... "I am scary..." I say and Chris laughs hard... "Okay, sweetheart... You're very scary..." He says still smiling like an idiot and he kisses me again before he buckles my seatbelt... "We are going to land soon..." Chris says and just as he does the pilot sounds telling us to buckle up...

A little while later we are sitting in a big black SUV with tinted out windows. We are waiting for the crew to load our bags in the back. Chris is playing with my fingers as he holds my hand. The AC is on blast in the car as the heat outside is scorching. Not much later we are taking off... Even though i slept the whole flight i feel so tired. I want cuddles and unbuckle my seatbelt and crawl in Chris his lap. He says nothing just wraps his arms around me and lets me. 

About 2 hours later we arrive at this beautiful house. A giant gate opens up and we drive up. I watch the gate close behind us. It is a comforting thought that there is a fence and gate around the property.

There is a man waiting at the front door and Chris asks me to wait in the car. He gets out and walk up and gets handed keys. The man and Chris have a quick exchange before the man leaves. I am guessing he is the owner or something. Chris had told me the house was rented for us. It is not a big house, but it is beautiful. Chris walks up to the car and opens the door and smiles helping me out. Dodger follows and runs around glad to be able to stretch his legs. 

I laugh as he gets the zoomies. The driver gets our bags and Chris takes them from him. I thank him and he gives me a quick nod before getting back in the car and taking off again. I guess they are not used to people talking to them as he looked confused for a second when i thanked him. 

"Well let's check out our home for the next 6 weeks..." Chris says smiling and i call over Dodger before following Chris inside.