Chapter 56

Chris pov...

I hold Kate's hand as the doctor prepares for the ultrasound. I kiss her hand and give her a reassuring kiss. I know she is worried. I am worried to but try to keep it together for her. She is worried that there will be something wrong with the baby... I dont how to reassure her that everything will be okay but i try... The doctor is great though. When i called to make the appointment i requested to talk to him over the phone for a minute... He really took his time for me. That minute turned into an hour-long conversation in which i explained everything that happened... He really listened... I told him about the wrong cancer diagnoses and the fact that the doctor recently told her she could not have kids anymore after delivering Simon while out due to the attack... But that despite that here we are... 4 positive pregnancy tests telling us the doctor was wrong. 

He had been understanding and absolutely accommodating. He himself was the one that suggested to make the appointment after his office hours so our privacy would be protected. I was thankful for that seeing as both Kate and i wanted to have as much privacy as possible during this pregnancy. Kate didn't need the extra stress that the fame part of my job brought with it. Everything i could do to make this pregnancy go smooth i would do... I want to be there every step of the way and after this movie i was taking time off again... I want to be there for Kate... I want to spoil her... I want to help her in every way i can... I want to see her belly grow and feel the baby kick... I just want to experience it all...

"Okay... Let's see..." The doctor says and he looks at the screen while moving the stick over Kate's belly... I think Kate and i both hold our breaths as we wait for him to point the baby out... "There... That is your baby..." The doctor says and points to the screen. He pushes the screen closer to us and there it is... Our baby... Well right now it looks nothing like a baby... I tilt my head and smile... "Our baby..." I whisper and i look at Kate. She has tears rolling down her cheek as her eyes are focused on the screen.

"Is everything okay?" I ask as i know that is her biggest worry. The doctor is silent for a second and presses some buttons and all of a sudden, a sound fills the room... "And that... Is its heartbeat... Nice and strong..." The doctor says and then it gets too much for me to... I feel the tears coming. It is the most beautiful sound ever... "Everything looks great... To be honest i dont see why the doctor had said that you could not conceive again..." The doctor murmurs and i look at Kate and kiss her hand again smiling...

"Our baby..." Kate whispers and i smile at her nodding... "Our baby, sweetheart..." I whisper as we both look at the screen again... "I will give you both a minute while i go and fill the paperwork out for the bloodwork, okay?" The doctor says as he cleans Kate up and keeps a still on the screen... We both nod. As soon as the doctor leaves i stand up and kiss Kate. 

"See... Everything is okay..." I whisper and she nods in tears before i press my forehead against hers... "Our baby is okay... Everything looks okay..." I say and she smiles sniffling a bit... I kiss her again and sit back down as we both stare at the still on the screen... "That is our baby..." I say totally mesmerized... "I can't believe it only took one time..." She mumbles and i laugh... I smile at her proudly with a smirk on my face... "Super swimmers, sweetheart..." I say all smug and she rolls her eyes... "Oh okay, Steve..." She says sarcastically and i laugh even harder... 

"I thought you had never watched those movies...?" I ask raising an eyebrow at her... "I haven't... Doesn't mean i dont know anything about it... It was everywhere... Could not escape it..." She says smirking but i know she is lying. I can see it on her face... "I think you are lying a little bit sweetheart..." I say feeling a little smug and she blushes... "Busted..." I mumble and she rolls her eyes... 

Then the doctor walks back in... He hands us some print outs of the ultrasound and an appointment card for over 2 weeks. But he tells her if she feels something isn't right... Even if it is just a little thing to just call... After that he wants to see us before we leave to see if everything is good enough for Kate to travel.

About 20 minutes later we walk out to the waiting car. We get brought back home and get greeted by Dodger as if we had left for weeks. "Do you think he will like the baby..." Kate asks as she sits down on the floor to give him attention. "He will love the baby..." I say smiling and Kate smiles back as she cuddles with Dodger... "Sweetheart... You should not sit on the floor... Let me help you up and you can cuddle with Dodger on the couch..." I say and she rolls her eyes at me... "Dont give me that attitude..." I warn her smirking and she sticks out her tongue... I just chuckle and hold out my hand for her. She puts her hand in mine and i pull her up... "Hungry? Thirsty? Need anything...?" I ask and she shakes her head. She wraps her arms around my waist and lays her head on my chest... "Just you..." She mumbles and i take in a deep breath as i feel this warm feeling spread from my chest to the rest of my body. 

"Well, you got me, sweetheart..." I hum and hold her closer kissing the top of her head.