Chapter 63

Kate pov...

I walk around the store... A baby store... Chris had given me his credit card and taken away mine... He was adamant on me using his... He told me to have fun and that he was sorry he had to work. If he could, he would come along but with his busy schedule there was no room for days off... I am not alone though... He had arranged for this huge brick wall called Garry to follow me around... Garry was a little scary... He did not smile... Not even once... He barely said a word... But i guess that is not why he is here... He is friendly enough though as weird as it sounds... Makes sure i am comfortable and is making sure i can walk around without problems. Chris wanted him to tag along for safety reasons as here in LA things could get crazy... That was his only wish for me to go out... That i bring Garry along... That and to leave Dodger at home as Dodger would attract attention... I thought he was overreacting a bit but if he needed this for his peace of mind, who was i to object. 

I already picked out some rugs for the living room and bedroom... And pillows for the couch... Lots of pillows... I might have gone a bit overboard but i really thought the house could use a bit of color... Besides a couch without pillows just felt wrong... After picking up some new plates and such we had planned on going home... Garry just loaded everything up in the big SUV without complaining... 

But as we were just about to get in the car i saw the baby store we walked past earlier and i could not resist. I had promised myself to not buy anything for the baby yet. There was still so much that could go wrong but seeing all the cute toys and clothes i just could not resist... So now me and the brick wall were walking through the aisles with baby clothes. I can't stop smiling... I am still sad that i lost my little boy but i try my best to be focus on this baby... I dont want this baby to grow up in the shadows of its big brother that never got a chance at life. I allow myself to be happy about the fact that we will be having a baby. 

I find some cute outfits and smile as i put them in my basket... "Let me take the basket..." Garry grumbles in a deep voice and i hand him the basket as i know resisting is of no use. I chuckle as the basket looks like a children's toy in his hands. 

"Do you have kids?" I ask and look at him and for the first time the man smiles... It makes him look a lot less intimidating... "I do... A girl..." He says and we both smile. He pulls out his phone and shows me a picture of an adorable little girl. I am surprised as his cold demeanor has totally changed. I can see a loving dad that adores his little girl. God, is this how Chris is going to be like... I smile... I know he is going to be... As soon as i asked about Garry's kid his face lights up... The same way every time Chris and i talk about our little Muppet... Yes, sometimes i am scared but i know deep down Chris is going to be an amazing father.  Our baby is so lucky to have him as a dad.

I am surprised that i can look at the pictures without feeling sad about my little boy... I think about him every day, but it gets better in the sense that i dont break down anymore when i do... 

We continue shopping and i went totally overboard buying little clothes and some other cute baby things... Garry opens the car door for me before putting the bags with the others in the back. I text Chris that i had a successful shopping trip. He calls immediately. We talk over the phone for a little while as Garry drives back to the house. 

Coming home, Garry carries everything inside before saying goodbye. I thank him and he leaves... Only then i notice how tired i am... Dodger who is sniffing around the bags wondering if there is something in there for him comes up to me and i walk with him to the couch... I kick off my shoes and lay down... I made Chris the promise to not put the rugs in place without his help anyway. I sigh and close my eyes cuddling into Dodger. 

Soon i drift off only to wake up from feeling something stroke my cheek... "Hello sweetheart..." I hear and open my eyes smiling looking in the blue eyes of Chris who leans down and kisses me... "Hi..." I say blushing and stretch myself out... "What time is it...?" I whisper and he smiles... "8..." He says and i sit up... I guess i have slept longer than i thought... "You just got home?" I ask and he shakes his head... "No took Dodger out for a walk before waking you... You looked so peaceful... Didn't want to wake you just yet." He says and i blush... "How was work?" I ask and he smiles and kisses me again... "It was okay, sweetheart..." He says and then looks at the mountain of bags... "Did you have fun shopping?" He asks and i blush and nod... "I think i went a bit overboard..." I whisper and Chris smirks... "Good..." He says and kisses me... 

"There is something else..." I whisper and Chris pulls back... I blush... "I know i said i would not buy anything for the baby yet..." I whisper and i can feel my face heat up... Chris his smirk grows bigger... He jumps up and walks to the mountain of bags finding the ones from the baby store... He has the biggest smile on his face as he sits down next to me on the couch again and puts the bags on the floor in front of him. 

He is looks like a kid on Christmas opening his presents... With the biggest smile on his face, he pulls out the first baby outfit... "Muppets first outfit..." He says with wonder in his voice... I smile and lean into him... "Muppets first outfit..." I whisper repeating his words with a smile on my face...