V4 C4 - Breaking The Balance

“And thus I clothe my naked villainy, With odd old ends stol'n out of holy writ; And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
- William Shakespeare, Richard III (1593).

...

Second Discussion - Day 1 at 21:00

After the timer had started, I got my mahogany chess board to the table, and got everyone's attention through the sound of putting the wooden board on the wooden table.

Contrary to what they expect of me doing, I started talking to everyone.

“I have a proposition for everyone.” With an introductory statement, I continued to push forward.

“Let's say that we all agreed to answer and trigger Outcome 1, then everyone would have 500,000 private points each, every class has 1,500,000 private points and it's quite equal and fair since every class only has three members each in this group.

Of course, the only exception being VIP’s class, to which they would get 2,000,000 private points since the VIP has doubled the base reward for Outcome 1 only.” I explained to everyone.

“Doesn't that sound good for everyone?” I asked as Sugio and others were sitting away from the roundtable and responded.

“We're not interested in doing any sort of action. We have made our decision as Class A that we would not directly participate in any discussion.” Sugio commented, to which Shinohara retorted.

“But that 500,000 points is quite useful, isn't it? Betting on Outcome 1 would give us money since only those who guessed the correct answer would get the 500,000 points, after all.” She asked as Azuma and Ichihashi nodded at Shinohara’s addition, to which I nodded at her as well.

“That's right. Everyone will be banking some money anyway.” I added as someone from Class C responded.

“And who's to say that we all should be doing that? Remember that the VIP gets double of the base rewards. He or she would get 1,000,000 points as a result.” Fujiwara Chisato responded as Endou added.

“Suggesting something like that would make us think that you're the VIP of this group, Nakaizumi-san.” Endou said, as everyone's attention is to me now.

“But who's to say that the tactics the Class B is employing would be effective if one of the classes figured out a way to identify the VIP?” I said as I pulled out my phone and added.

“And what's there to stop me from figuring out everyone’s identities as a VIP and sending this info to my classmates in the other groups?

It's not illegal to share information between people from the same class but from different groups anyway.” I said to Endou as I typed in something on the phone.

After waiting for around 15 seconds, everyone's phones started vibrating and the same ringtone was heard from the room.

As I saw the message, I started reading the message aloud to everyone.

“The test has ended for the Rooster Group. Those in the Rooster Group are no longer required to participate in the exam any further. Please do not disturb the other students participating in their discussions.”

I dictated as I added.

“And that's the message, right? Do you want me to do it again?” I asked confidently as another ringtone sounded throughout the room.

“The test has ended for the Monkey Group. Those in the Monkey Group are no longer required to participate in the exam any further. Please do not disturb the other students participating in their discussions.