Intermission 2: Life's Surprise

It's been a few weeks since Minami-san has dictated and read that series in front of me, and I'm slowly coming to terms with what's happening surrounding myself.

There was back and forth between the hospital who’s taking care of me and the government and its police that were monitoring my presence. 

All in all, it has been decided that I'll be registered with the name I ‘remembered’. 

Nakaizumi Shirayuki.

By the time I'm getting discharged from the hospital, Minami-san is there for me throughout the entire process.

“Congratulations on being discharged, Shirayuki-san.” Minami greeted me at the hospital lobby.

“Thank you for taking care of me for the past few months so far, Minami-san.” I said with gratitude.

“It's a nurse’s work, after all. So it's just natural.” Minami proudly exclaimed as she added. 

“Plus, I didn't think that we'd hit it off quite so well.” Minami chuckled as she sighed in relief and asked me a question.

“So? Where would you go from thereon out? You're 18 already, so you can live and work independently.

I'm quite surprised that the government has also covered your credentials. That's social security for you.” She said as I chuckled lightly from it.

I still don't get the reason why the government here is willing to do this much for me. They went as far as to give me a working smartphone and a credit card. 

“That's right, Minami-san.” I said as I continued chuckling lightly before sighing in exasperation.

“So. I should get going now, Minami-san. I'll see you around?” I said to Minami, which she smiled and nodded at me.

“Yes. I'll see you around as well, Shirayuki-san. Just give me a call if you need anything.” Minami said as I gently waved my hand from her before I turned around and left the hospital.

Since I stayed at the Tokyo Medical University Hospital, I'm at Shinjuku right now so I'm just walking around the special ward.

It was then that my phone from my pocket started ringing.

“Huh?” I reacted as I picked up the phone from my pocket, only to see from the screen that there was only an unidentified caller calling me on the phone.

It can't be Minami since I have her in my contacts list. And aside from the hospital staff, there wasn't anyone else who knew of my identity, even myself too at all.

So I took a leap of fate and answered the call. And it was silent for a few moments before a risqué voice rang through my right ear.

“Welcome to Japan, Ojou-sama. My apologies for not being in your presence sooner.” The caller responded. 

Ojou-sama? Me, a young mistress?

Also, is this something along the lines of a butler saying things like that?

“T-Thank you, very much. But… who are you?” I asked nervously.

“Ojou-sama, your memories haven't been recovered yet? It's alright since I'll be the one filling you up to speed.” The caller on the other side responded as he started explaining everything there is to my past history…

Or this body’s history, so to speak.

“You're Aino Mikazuki-Edelweiss. You're of a half-Japanese, half-Austrian descent with your mother being Japanese and your father coming from an Austrian family.”