V1 C8 - A Victory Celebration

“Veni, vidi, vici.”
- Roman Dictator Julius Caesar’s address to the Roman Senate after his victory at the Battle of Zela during 47 BC.

The next weekend passed as Sakagami-sensei entered the class during our morning homeroom, carrying a huge roll of paper with his left hand.

Seeing this, everyone went back to their seats as Manabe first asked the question that everyone had been waiting for.

“Sensei, is that our midterm results?” She asked as Sakagami-sensei nodded.

“Yes. This is your results. I am surprised there are some of you that have gotten a perfect 100 in some of your subjects.

But what I'm most surprised with is that none of you were expelled, far from it.” Sakagami-sensei announced, which breathed a huge sigh of relief from the students who were academically-weaker than some of us.

He then looked at me and said.

“Nakaizumi-kun, you got full marks on all subjects with a little extra on top of that.” Sakagami-sensei said as he started posting the score sheet for everyone, as well as their individual scores from different subjects.

Since the names were ordered with the total amount of scores in mind, I easily scored 100s in all subjects. Second came Kaneda with every subject being full marks except English and Literature. Then, Hiyori came third as she perfected Literature, English, and Japanese.

What's surprising is that Albert got full marks on English as well, but since he's bilingual, that makes a lot of sense.

Being ahead by several years in education, I'm confident that I can answer all of these with ease.

As everyone else started reacting to the test scores that they achieved, someone raised their hand.

“Yes, Shiina-kun? Do you have a question?” Sakagami-sensei asked.

“Yes, Sensei. Regarding Nakaizumi-chan’s scores. What do you mean by ‘a little extra’?” She asked in curiosity.

“It's surprising that Shiina-kun is the one asking that question instead of the recipient herself, but I'll answer it for everyone to know.” Sakagami-sensei replied as he started his explanation.

“Simply put, as your class adviser, I'm capable of rewarding private points to students who are working hard with their academics.

I withheld myself from saying this before you'll have the motivation to do better next time.” Sakagami-sensei explained.

Of course, such an explanation would garner everyone's attention. It's private points, after all.

“Then what's the amount of private points that you'll be giving me later, Sensei?” I asked.

“It will be your score multiplied by 100. All in all, that would be 60,000 private points for Nakaizumi-san only.” Sakagami-sensei declared, which shook everyone.

Some looked at me in amazement like Ryuuen, Kaneda and Ishizaki, while some with disdain, especially Manabe’s group.

“I'll be looking forward to receiving it later, Sensei.” I said to him with a smirk while he nodded.

“That will be all for your morning homeroom. Nakaizumi-kun, please redistribute the exam papers to your classmates.” He said as I stood up and heeded his order as a student.

I'm just thankful that everything is done for this time and I can focus back on training my physical prowess.

——————————————————