V3 SS2 - A Birthday Celebration

It's July 26th today and I know that tomorrow should be her birthday. Whose birthday is it?

“I'll be leaving early, Shirayuki-san. I have something to do at the Keyaki Mall before going back to the dorms.” Ibuki said as it became customary for my subordinates closest to me to seek permission for when they leave my side.

“Of course, Ibuki-chan. Have fun with your little adventure.” I said to her with my typical smirk, which she nodded in acknowledgment before leaving our group of friends.

After Ibuki left, it was only me, Ryuuen, Ishizaki, Albert, Kaneda, and Hiyori who were left behind as we walked from the park towards the Pallet.

Once we arrived there after we started ordering, I broke the ice to everyone.

“Our Ibuki-chan will turn 16 tomorrow, everyone. I want some ideas on how to proceed with this without notifying her too much.”

After I said that first phrase, everyone stopped in their tracks and listened to the rest of my comment.

“Ibuki’s birthday is tomorrow?!?! Ack, I forgot all about it!” Ishizaki exclaimed

“Ooooh, Ibuki-chan’s birthday!” Hiyori responded with interest.

“Kuh~. Just leave me out of that mess if you guys are planning to give her a surprise party.” Ryuuen sighed as he vehemently opposed being involved in anything not inclined with violence.

“Since you heard this already, you're in this Ryuuen-kun. That's final. Anyway, what do you guys think we should do?” I shut Ryuuen down as I asked the others for suggestions.

“Since it's the vacation already, it's hard to distract Ibuki-chan enough to fill her entire day without being too busy.” Kaneda answered as Hiyori nodded.

“Yes. Plus, the school did notify us that us First Years would have a cruise ship vacation in a few days. Our schedule would definitely occupy us all.” Hiyori added Kaneda’s comment.

Hearing this made all of us except Ryuuen to sigh from our scheduling issue.

“How about we surprise her first thing in the morning with her birthday cake? It won't fill her entire day with just us celebrating her birthday.

I mean, she could have other friends outside our group, right?” Ishizaki asked, which Ryuuen retorted back by saying this.

“Do you think that girl has enough social energy to have an all-girls’ outing tomorrow aside from Shirayuki and Hiyori?” Ryuuen retorted, which made me chuckle while Hiyori being baffled for a moment before smiling at him earnestly.

This made Ishizaki freeze from shock as he didn't expect Ryuuen of all people to give a rebuttal like that.

“I think that Daichi-kun’s suggestion is fair. I have a larger refrigerator installed for occasions like this, after all. We can visit her dorm room tomorrow and celebrate her birthday there early in the morning.

Let's also buy a customized cake that should fit all 6 of us and some more. Other than the cake which is going to be bought by all five of us, everyone is free to buy any gift for her. How does that sound?”

I asked everyone, which others nodded in acknowledgment. This included Ryuuen, which is surprisingly cooperative in this one.

“Alright, looks like everything is settled now. Let's make it count.” I said to everyone with a smile as the five of us ate what we ordered from the cafe afterwards.

Sadly, it was my turn to pay for their food, but it's fine since I have a lot of money. For now, I have to buy her a gift and I know what to buy for her.