V2 Prologue - Ayanokoji Kiyotaka's Thoughts

“Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, the Masterpiece of the White Room. You wanted to lose against someone of your caliber, didn't you?”

“What's more, I also know how much of a monster you are, Ayanokoji. But a monster like you wants a peaceful life too, doesn't it?”

“But they're coming for you, Ayanokoji-kun. They will try to expel you. First, through the school board. If not, then they will send someone affiliated to them within the school itself and try to expel you through other means. There are reasons why I'm saying all of these to you, but I cannot disclose it other than the fact that you have to trust me on this, Ayanokoji Kiyotaka-kun.”

“That man’s operation can't be hidden forever, no matter how long. Obviously, cracks will form, especially as to when the White Room has halted its operations for a year.”

“I want to be your friend, Kiyotaka-kun. Do you want to become my friend?”

“To protect your freedom, of course! And to do that, we will have to unite Class D and challenge my class.”

These are the words that the girl called Nakaizumi Shirayuki said to me.

A mysterious girl with a seemingly endless amount of masks to wear, someone who seemed to have lived a life in a more experienced manner than whatever I could probe her with.

The way she introduced herself during my coincidental first meeting with Horikita Manabu, she exuded a level of authority similar to that of the Student Council President Horikita himself, no, maybe more than that.

The level of eloquence that she emphasizes during her introduction, along with the words that the Student Council President has revealed, has piqued my interest much like the older Horikita has mentioned.

Now that I have seen her up close, with the knowledge of the White Room being mentioned by someone outside of it, I have some ideas as to how but she does not confirm nor deny anything when I asked her a question about it, citing safety reasons.

But to know my deepest wish… While she said that I'm a monster which I can't deny since no one in this school could defeat me even when I'm going easy, I'm now inclined to believe that this girl in front of me might be an exception to this thinking of mine.

For now, I will be friends with this Nakaizumi Shirayuki and see what would happen next, if she can defeat me at my own game.

Nakaizumi Shirayuki’s Evaluation

Volume 2 Cover

Author's Note

Thank you for reading Volume 1, I already have made the manuscript from the start until the end of Volume 2 with Volume 3 being half-way done as of this post, which is why I'll try to limit posting new chapters to once a day whenever I can.

Anyway, this chapter would introduce a lot of stuff that was not introduced quite early from other volumes of the original work, assuming that everyone has already read through the light novel, or have watched the anime itself.

After all, the timeline divergence starts from here now, but I hope everyone would still enjoy this nonetheless! For now, have a good read, everyone! Suggestions and comments are really appreciated!