V2 C5 - The Trial Part 1

“Severities should be dealt out all at once, so that their suddenness may give less offense; benefits ought to be handed out drop by drop, so that they may be relished the most.”
- Niccolò Machiavelli

“To think you would use Ayanokoji to set up a meeting for the two of us, I'm fairly impressed.” Manabu approached a white-haired beauty on the rooftop.

“More so than when I first introduced myself? If that's the case, then I am glad I could surpass that, Horikita-senpai.” The beauty answered while facing away from him which made Manabu smirked.

“So, what do you need from me, Nakaizumi Shirayuki-san?” Manabu asked. The beauty turned her body around and revealed herself. It's Nakaizumi Shirayuki with a smile on her face.

“I want to strike a deal to prevent an outcome that would harm both of us. I'm afraid that he will target me, and he would also throw the trust that you have to him in your face when the time comes, Manabu-senpai.” Shirayuki said, which made his smirk fall into a stern expression.

“How sure are you that he would do that?” Manabu asked, which made Shirayuki smile even more.

“You have your doubts because Kiyotaka-kun said something more than what I asked him to you, huh? I'm impressed.” Shirayuki said, which made Manabu smirk again after getting as she then added.

“Either way, you would have to move, Manabu-senpai.”

“Why so, Nakaizumi-san?” He asked.

“That's because you're the Student Council President and you're bound by your responsibilities to not ignore the receipts that I have gathered.

But don't worry, everyone except him won't be affected. That's my guarantee to you.” Shirayuki said with a determined tone, which Manabu smirked and acknowledged with a nod.

“That should suffice. The favor from this deal isn't free, you know, so what do you need me with?” Manabu asked as he turned his smirk into a stern expression on his face.

...

A week has passed since then, and the rumors died down faster than I expected. But the outcome is clear that Nagumo-senpai has received my reply.

Ichinose, on the other hand, sent a text to me confirming that the case between Manabe and Shiranami were settled as I left that issue in her hands.

Knowing this, along with Ichinose's attitude towards Class B, has certainly lightened up my worries that Class C wouldn't have any chance to go against us at all for the upcoming special exams this summer.

And now.

“Sup, everyone.” It's Kyogo-kun who arrived at the class as if he didn't have gone to the hospital at all.

Everyone else started greeting him and some even congratulated his return to the class with Ishizaki taking the lead for it since he's Ishizaki’s friend.

His return to the class has also been scheduled to today as this would also be the day that the trial would reconvene since the accident that happened inside the basketball court 8 days ago.

“Welcome back, Komiya-kun. I'm glad that you're in tip top shape for later.” I stood up as I greeted him with a smile.

Kyogo returned my greeting with a nod as Sakagami-sensei then entered the classroom for the morning homeroom period.

“Shirayuki-chan, Reo-kun, Kyogo-kun, the trial would start after the class ends. Follow me after the afternoon homeroom.” Sakagami-sensei said as the three of us nodded in acknowledgment.