70

My heart feels like it's beating in my throat, the palm of my hands are getting sweaty

My heart feels like it's beating in my throat, the palm of my hands are getting sweaty. Devon rests a hand on my bare shoulder as we walk towards his father's house "Relax, this is good news what are you nervous about?"

I shrug not sure why am I nervous "I know your dad will be happy about the news I'm just excited and nervous at the same time."

Devon is holding a white gift box, where I had put a cardigan that has on the back 'Best Grandpa ever' as well as a mug. Devon wanted to tell his dad over the phone, and I thought it just should be something a bit special since this is the first grandchild.

I haven't even told the girls yet, even Gianina doesn't know yet. We thought we'd start with our parents first and then tell the rest. We wouldn't be making a big announcement to the world as Devon made it clear that he is very much against it. We'd let the world figure it out once I'm showing.

As for the family, we were lucky that today the whole family is gathering all the Enderson children with their partners. So we'll be breaking the news to everyone at once.

I take a deep breath and we circle the property where Daniel is usually sitting outdoors. We find him sitting on chair legs crossed, his hand holding a tablet and he's wearing reading glasses. He is surrounded by his kids, each one of them lost doing something.

The girls Gianian, Maddie, Marie and Davina sitting together on the corner clearly gossiping. The men are standing at the small bar talking looking all serious.

"Dad," Devon calls out and his dad's head snaps up he puts the tablet down on the table and gets up smiling wide. Everyone's attention turns to us now.

I smile at Daniel and he opens his arms for me, I look at Devon before hugging his dad "My favorite daughter in law."

Pulling away I giggle "I'm your only daughter in law."

Daniel strokes my hair and then looks at Devon "Son," Devon hands me the box and hugs his dad patting on his back "How are you doing?"

"Good, I'm even better now that you are all here with me."

Devon walks to his brothers to say hi and I turn towards the girls and hug them, asking them how they've been. I place the box on a table and sit down next to Marie relaxing in the chair.

Devon then comes towards me holding a glass of orange juice he hands it to me, and sits next to me "Thank you," I tell him before starting to sip.

Davina lets out a gasp scaring me I quickly turn to her, I'm even holding my breathe. Devon places his hands on my covered thigh squeezing it lightly. Davina's eyes are locked on Devon's "Brother! You have grey hair!"