69

I watch my wife as she yells at the guy from the moving company "How many times have I told you to be delicate with moving my clothes?" I get lost admiring her backside as she moves her hands in the air explaining to him what she exactly wants

Getting up from where I was sitting, I walk behind her and rest a hand on her shoulder "Evelina, yelling is not good for you or the baby, they know what they are doing"

The guy then walks back to our bedroom to proceed moving the boxes, Evelina crosses her arms and huffs. I pull her towards my body turning her around so she could face me.

Her eyebrows are furrowed wrinkling her forehead a bit. She is visibly upset of how long the moving is taking we've been here for hours after all. I stroke her cheeks her eyes locked on mine, I bent down to kiss her forehead "You need to relax and sit with me"

Her tense body relaxes and she drops her arms to her sides, she walks with me to the sofa and we both sit down.

We are supposed to be on our second honeymoon that I had planned, but since I got that package with the threat and the ring. I knew I had to cancel all the plans, and I came up with an excuse to her that we should start moving to the house now instead of later, because later on she'd be heavily pregnant with our child.

I had sent the package to the police and the ring was taken to the store where my father had the ring made to confirm that it is in fact my mother's ring, the one Evelina had on when she was attacked.

"You're overthinking a lot lately," Evelina says putting her hand over mine she continues "I realize that I should've told you that I wasn't on birth control anymore, maybe you weren't ready for a child at this moment, after all we did say that we'd try after two years."

I raise both my eyebrows looking at her, I bring my hand up to stroke her cheeks "Don't ever think that, you can't imagine how happy I am."

"You are?" She asks her eyes light up and I let my hand fall to her belly.

"I am, I'm in fact in disbelief that my dream of becoming a father is coming true." She smiles placing her hand on top of mine.

"Then what's worrying you? since our anniversary you haven't been yourself."

How can I tell her that she has a target on her back because of me? That she is no longer safe and nor is our baby.

"I'm sorry, love" I stumble with my words trying to think of something to say to her "I think I'm just tired, you know how stressful work gets and this is the first break I've had from work in a long time,"

She is leaning into my shoulder she presses her lips to my neck "You should take breaks from work more often, you can trust that your company is safe in Jack's hands"

I kiss the top of her head inhaling her scent "I know, taking breaks was easier when I didn't have Chase Wright breathing down my neck,"

She pulls back from me looking confused "I thought Chase was in Paris?"