37

I woke up this morning alone in bed

I woke up this morning alone in bed. Devon was nowhere to be seen and I practically had to drag myself out of bed my whole body is sore from last night's activities. I took a warm bath soaking my body in hot water to relax my tensed muscles. Then I put on a very atypical suit. Black wide leg pants, white collared shirt embedded with crystals and a suit jacket on top.

I decided to go with the most uncomfortable heels in the planet which is the Yves Saint Laurent heels and I had put a very simple make up then left the room to go downstairs and fetch some food.

Helena greets me "Good morning,"

"Morning, you saw Devon before he left?" I ask her propping my elbows on the island of the kitchen as I sit down. She shakes her head and says "When Peter and I made it here, his car was already gone,"

"Mhmm" I nod my head.

I don't blame him for not wanting to meet with anybody. It's probably difficult for him to be vulnerable and last night I caught him off guard, it must be a bit uneasy for him.

"You want me to make you something?" Helena asks.

"A tomato cheese sandwich, and some coffee please" I tell her giving her a wide smile. She starts making the sandwich and I can't stop thinking about last night, and the only way to get answers is to look for them.

I fish out my phone and Google Darlene Enderson, multiple articles show up and I click on the oldest one and seems like a reliable source the title said 'Wife of Billionaire Found Dead in Mysterious Circumstances'.

And I scroll down and comes the picture of the store. My heart starts pumping hard and I'm scared, I don't know if I should keep scrolling down.

Don't be a chicken Evelina do it for him! So you can understand him better.

I gather some courage and scroll down my fingers shaking and I start reading the article.

Darlene Enderson, 41 year old female stabbed to death in her coffee shop Le patchouli. The victim was not restrained or gagged when found and the walls at the scene were spattered with blood. Enderson was found in her staff room. No 999 calls were made until the early morning. At that time the call was made from inside the shop by Enderson's 12 year old son who discovered the body.

My heart drops.

No please, not him. It can't be.

I keep scrolling and there is a photo of the cops extracting the body in the infamous black bag and in the background a boy wearing light beige shirt and white jeans covered in blood. I zoom in on the picture it's him. It's definitely him and behind is Helena, she has her arms wrapped around his body.